2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods [Cincinnati Commit]

Unless some of these commits were just absolutely enthralled with Coach Miles, it's hard to fathom why this style of play, connections to the league, and resume  of FH wouldn't be exceedingly attractive to these guys................??

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods
  • Mavric unpinned this topic

I'd say he's doing it because he CAN. He's from Syracuse, NY. Maybe he's decided he would like to play closer to home. Maybe he just wants to get some additional "air play" for his name. Maybe he wants to gauge how much interest he gets from other programs. Maybe it's a move to say "show me the money". Maybe Tim Miles told him that if he was HIS son, he'd tell him to play for Oklahoma. Maybe he'll test the waters and still decide that playing for Hoiberg is his strongest move. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am always amazed at the number of people who "can't understand" or even get upset when someone decides to decommit from a school when there is a head coaching change.  

This is less confusing than the Thomas Allen situation; at the least, Adams-Woods met with Coach Hoiberg before making his decision. 

10 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Could also be Hoiberg cutting the cord.  Let’s face it, this kid isn’t a great fit in his system and not someone to be that excited about regardless.  This is a good move for both parties imo.  

Expound on this, please. 

16 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

Where was this ?  

Journal Star -  I could not find the other article that I look at that said he was 56 or 58% from the field.

As a senior, Adams-Woods was a first-team all-NEPSAC Class AAA all-star after averaging 19 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals per game. He was a 42.5 percent three-point shooter for New Hampton School.

• Mavric changed the title to 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods [Cincinnati Commit]