2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods [Cincinnati Commit]

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am always amazed at the number of people who "can't understand" or even get upset when someone decides to decommit from a school when there is a head coaching change.  

It amazes me that you get so offended that someone would question the decision of a player.

The discussion we had about Allen in the other thread was started by nothing more than me questioning why he would leave.  Instead of discussing why, you thought it necessary (like here) to act like posters are ridiculous for even questioning it.  Now, in the other thread, it came out that he wasn't happy even before Miles was fired.  That makes the situation make more sense.  Instead of having that discussion, you thought it necessary to have the discussion of, "why the heck would you ever even question it?"

Here, people are simply wondering, why?  There isn't anything wrong with that discussion and they aren't being ridiculous for asking, why.

• Fire 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

It amazes me that you get so offended that someone would question the decision of a player.

The discussion we had about Allen in the other thread was started by nothing more than me questioning why he would leave.  Instead of discussing why, you thought it necessary (like here) to act like posters are ridiculous for even questioning it.  Now, in the other thread, it came out that he wasn't happy even before Miles was fired.  That makes the situation make more sense.  Instead of having that discussion, you thought it necessary to have the discussion of, "why the heck would you ever even question it?"

Here, people are simply wondering, why?  There isn't anything wrong with that discussion and they aren't being ridiculous for asking, why.

I am not getting offended, I don't get offended very easily.  It seems like many people on here are getting offended on why a kid won't want to play for the almighty Fred Hoiberg.

I am ecstatic and thrilled that Hoiberg is at NU, but not every kid is going to want to play for him.  Allen and Adams-Woods were attracted and came/committed to NU for specific reasons.  Those specific reasons (head coach, assistant coach, etc.) are no longer at Nebraska.  Based on those facts, I understand their decisions to look elsewhere to play college ball.  I guess other people don't have the same level of understanding, and that's fine.

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think you are wanting an answer to something that doesn't have the answer you want.

You want to know why but in reality you (and most fans) really want "Give me a reason why would you not want to play for Fred and play in the PBA and play for a team that you can see is totally building for the future".  Fans want an answer so that they can dissect that answer and still not like it.

We hate the answer "because"...but that is pretty much the answer.  Dude wants out...because.  

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think you are wanting an answer to something that doesn't have the answer you want.

You want to know why but in reality you (and most fans) really want "Give me a reason why would you not want to play for Fred and play in the PBA and play for a team that you can see is totally building for the future".  Fans want an answer so that they can dissect that answer and still not like it.

We hate the answer "because"...but that is pretty much the answer.  Dude wants out...because.  

This is a discussion board.  It's normal for people to ask "why" and it's not ridiculous for them to discuss why a kid would leave.  That also doesn't mean that the answer wouldn't be accepted.  Like I stated in the post you quoted, when it was pointed out in the other thread that Allen wasn't happy even during the season...well....that makes more sense why he would be leaving.  He obviously wasn't happy playing for Nebraska and whomever the coach is, didn't matter.  

When I originally asked "why", it appeared to me that he was leaving because he didn't want to play for Hoiberg and I pointed out that his style of play would be perfect for Hoiberg's style.

Asking "why" is not some outrageous question to ask.  Especially when the original answer was, "well, all his coaches and teammates are gone so he isn't connected to anyone".  Ummmm.....that's the same for wherever he transfers to.  So, that specific answer doesn't make sense to me and it tells me there's more to the story.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is a discussion board.  It's normal for people to ask "why" and it's not ridiculous for them to discuss why a kid would leave.  That also doesn't mean that the answer wouldn't be accepted.  Like I stated in the post you quoted, when it was pointed out in the other thread that Allen wasn't happy even during the season...well....that makes more sense why he would be leaving.  He obviously wasn't happy playing for Nebraska and whomever the coach is, didn't matter.  

When I originally asked "why", it appeared to me that he was leaving because he didn't want to play for Hoiberg and I pointed out that his style of play would be perfect for Hoiberg's style.

Asking "why" is not some outrageous question to ask.  Especially when the original answer was, "well, all his coaches and teammates are gone so he isn't connected to anyone".  Ummmm.....that's the same for wherever he transfers to.  So, that specific answer doesn't make sense to me and it tells me there's more to the story.

Yeah...but he gave his "why"

“He just feels like he wants to see if there’s any other options out there. He’s still interested in Nebraska. He liked everything Coach Hoiberg has told him. But if it doesn’t work out, I’m sure there will be other schools that are interested.”

How much more "why" do you want?

And with Allen, sometimes the answer is "Because".

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...but he gave his "why"

“He just feels like he wants to see if there’s any other options out there. He’s still interested in Nebraska. He liked everything Coach Hoiberg has told him. But if it doesn’t work out, I’m sure there will be other schools that are interested.”

How much more "why" do you want?

And with Allen, sometimes the answer is "Because".

I don't think I asked "why" with this guy.  But, when someone does ask "why" in a discussion forum.....wouldn't it be appropriate to discuss "why" instead of, "You're stupid for asking why"?

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think I asked "why" with this guy.  But, when someone does ask "why" in a discussion forum.....wouldn't it be appropriate to discuss "why" instead of, "You're stupid for asking why"?

Well, maybe you aren't stupid, but I don't see the reason for constantly questioning things from guys, especially when it seems to be the same questions over and over again.

I think people would be better off thinking about things from the player's point of view for a change, or look fully at their situation before constantly throwing out "why is he doing this?" and "this seems like a dumb decision". and "doesn't he understand who is going to be coaching him?"

23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Well, maybe you aren't stupid, but I don't see the reason for constantly questioning things from guys

Then maybe it's a discussion that's not for you.

I don't see a reason why some people question why there isn't beer sold in the stadium.  But, I don't sit there and tell them they should be thinking about something else.  It's a discussion board.  It's what we do.

23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think people would be better off thinking about things from the player's point of view for a change,

Specifically in my original posts about Allen, I questioned it from his perspective as a player that would fit into our new scheme perfectly.  

Not sure why you don't think I'm considering his perspective.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-basketball-signee-mika-adams-woods-reopens-recruitment-but-still/article_ffd52a0e-772c-55c7-a4a1-a4b84d3b725c.html

Bishop Ludden (New York) coach Gallagher Driscoll told Syracuse.com that Adams-Woods liked everything Hoiberg told him during the meeting, but still wanted to see if there was anything else out there for him.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Mika Adams-Woods described the process of shopping for a new college basketball program in one simple word:

“Stressful.”

The former Bishop Ludden basketball star, who has spent the past two seasons playing at New Hampton School, originally committed to Nebraska. But the 6-foot-3 point guard reconsidered that commitment once Nebraska fired head coach Tim Miles, who had recruited Adams-Woods.

He visited the University of Massachusetts last weekend and will likely visit St. Joseph’s in Philadelphia next week.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Mika Adams-Woods described the process of shopping for a new college basketball program in one simple word:

“Stressful.”

The former Bishop Ludden basketball star, who has spent the past two seasons playing at New Hampton School, originally committed to Nebraska. But the 6-foot-3 point guard reconsidered that commitment once Nebraska fired head coach Tim Miles, who had recruited Adams-Woods.

He visited the University of Massachusetts last weekend and will likely visit St. Joseph’s in Philadelphia next week.

Nebraska still appears to be his best offer.  Not sure about what he thinks about the "fit" with the new coach, but Huskers are better than UMass & St Joe's.

37 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Nebraska still appears to be his best offer.  Not sure about what he thinks about the "fit" with the new coach, but Huskers are better than UMass & St Joe's.

I think we have cooled on him and probably let him know his role would be lighter here.

That is just a guess but with Armon still here, I think that shows Hoiberg isnt as high on him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods [Cincinnati Commit]