JUCO DT Jahkeem Green [Nebraska Commit]

Player: Jahkeem Green

Hometown: Sumter, South Carolina

School: Highland Community College

Position: Defensive Tackle

Height: 6-4

Weight: 300

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee

Visits: 3/30/19 - Jr Day; 4/13/19 - Spring Game

Twitter

247 Composite: #18 JUCO Overall; #2 JUCO DT; .8900; :FourStar:

Rivals: #18 JUCO Overall; :FourStar:
247: #34 JUCO Overall; #5 JUCO DT; :FourStar:
ESPN: #6 JUCO Overall; #1 JUCO DT; :FourStar:

Hudl

Not expected to sign with South Carolina

It was thought he may reclassify to 2020 to work on academics but that is apparently not the plan.  Expected to graduate and be eligible this summer.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Doesn't like SCar, or...? What happened? 

My guess would be basically the same situation as Desmond Bland but I really don't know.

47 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I think this visit has already happened based on the article.  https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/recruiting/nebraska-set-to-host-defensive-tackle-jahkeem-green-a-potential/article_2102f7cb-8e08-51b0-8826-861afab92fb6.html  But haven't heard a word on how the visit went and if we/he are interested going forward!

• Plus1 4

I always forget to check out twitter.  I just scoured the web again and still no interview or comment other than the Twitter post.  Could it be that we passed on him?

9 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

I always forget to check out twitter.  I just scoured the web again and still no interview or comment other than the Twitter post.  Could it be that we passed on him?

Yeah, I don’t know either.  Just saw the proof that it happened.  :)   On twitter it looks like he also visited Houston a few days before us and basically stated it was great.  Seems like a man of few words, so hard to tell.

A rumor going around is that he wants to be a Husker, but he needs to finish up a math class that he is currently taking; if he passes the math class there is a chance that  Nebraska will take him and he will be here in the summer.  The reason he isn't going to any SEC school is that it is hard to transfer online courses to an SEC school. Take it with your usual grains of salt, just thought I should share it.  :D

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Heading our way for an OV for the spring game.

Thinking he will be N

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Day by Day said:

How many years of eligibility left?

Sounds like 2 years but might have a redshirt left to use. So either 2 for 2 or 3 for 2. 

4 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Sounds like 2 years but might have a redshirt left to use. So either 2 for 2 or 3 for 2. 

Thanks

Lincoln would sure be a step-up to Highland, Kansas. I have watch a buddy of mine’s son play baseball there. There is virtually nothing to do in that tiny town. The only place to eat is a Casey’s convenient mart that offers pizza. Whoopee. 

Had to take a couple online classes to get eligible but the SEC is not allowing those classes to transfer so that's why South Carolina isn't going to work for him.

• Plus1 1

On 4/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, Mavric said:
On 4/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, FaithfulHusker said:

A rumor going around is that he wants to be a Husker, but he needs to finish up a math class that he is currently taking; if he passes the math class there is a chance that  Nebraska will take him and he will be here in the summer.  The reason he isn't going to any SEC school is that it is hard to transfer online courses to an SEC school. Take it with your usual grains of salt, just thought I should share it.  :D

Had to take a couple online classes to get eligible but the SEC is not allowing those classes to transfer so that's why South Carolina isn't going to work for him.

Image result for high five gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/9/2019 at 10:35 PM, Pedro G said:

Lincoln would sure be a step-up to Highland, Kansas. I have watch a buddy of mine’s son play baseball there. There is virtually nothing to do in that tiny town. The only place to eat is a Casey’s convenient mart that offers pizza. Whoopee. 

I know you're not talking **** about Casey's Pizza. 

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I know you're not talking **** about Casey's Pizza. 

Caseys pizza is slightly better than Valentinos but both are not great.

I will still eat them in a pinch because Pizza is still yum-tastic, but those two are near the very bottom.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Casey’s breakfast pizza is great. Anything outside of that..meh 

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Caseys pizza is slightly better than Valentinos but both are not great.

I will still eat them in a pinch because Pizza is still yum-tastic, but those two are near the very bottom.

source.gif

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Casey’s breakfast pizza is great. Anything outside of that..meh 

This. 

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Any news on how this went? 

One of his coaches said it went well. "Checked all of his boxes"

I think we're just waiting on his grades

Huge to add late talent to the Defensive front. More good players only elevates the level of everyone around them 

19 minutes ago, hskerholic said:

Is that a typo or will he really be eligible this fall?  Good news if true: four games for depth this season and he could still redshirt to help fill the void of the Davis twins and elder Daniels.

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Is that a typo or will he really be eligible this fall?  Good news if true: four games for depth this season and he could still redshirt to help fill the void of the Davis twins and elder Daniels.

Think he just needs to get some decent grades and he is all good.

For me, I would take the four most important games near the end of the season this year and play this guy.  This gives him time to get in conditioning until those games.  Then, he has the winter conditioning and the spring to get rounded out to step un as a full stud.  

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

For me, I would take the four most important games near the end of the season this year and play this guy.  This gives him time to get in conditioning until those games.  Then, he has the winter conditioning and the spring to get rounded out to step un as a full stud.  

So, if we get to the last 4 games and we are doing well and our current D line rotation is being successful, we should throw a guy in that hasn't played all year?

• Plus1 1

He could see some PT this year, but we wanted a guy who is ready for 20' since we lose D. Daniels, Davis twins, Vaha and Neal. 

I'd just like to reiterate this point:

Power 5 Offers: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee

One of these things is not like the others. #GBR !

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

If we have the luxury of not playing him until then, I agree.

Sorry I'm not up on the rules to ask this question, but would he have a potential opportunity for a 4 game redshirt year?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if we get to the last 4 games and we are doing well and our current D line rotation is being successful, we should throw a guy in that hasn't played all year?

So, how did you read all that into my post?

I said nothing about playing him in the last four games.  I also said nothing about others doing well and having him come in and take their spot.  The last fascinating thing you said was throwing a guy in who hadn't played all year.  Did you read my post?  It basically states that by waiting until the end of the season and playing him in four of the more important games  ... he has time to actually get in some conditioning and probably learning the defense.  I would assume he would play into a rotation to keep the first string guys fresh in the tougher game.

You really baffle me on this post.  This was just way too much to read or take from my post to go in the direction you did.  

For me, I'd use this season as a slow t

burn-in into taking a starting spot next season.  Nothing I stated said what you read into it.  

Hope this helps.

• Plus1 2

I'd just like to note that his .8900 (4 star) ranking certainly doesn't bring the Cornhusker 2019 class average down (It was .8850 prior to his commitment).

I'd like to also note that Senior Transfer Darrion Daniels was .9032 coming out of high school and is currently 6-3, 300 lbs.

Jahkeem is 6-4, 300 lbs before he even gets into the Husker Power program.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/recruiting/explosive-juco-dt-jahkeem-green-commits-to-huskers-for-after/article_a5c02ebb-750e-5002-8805-8a9c66ddb7bf.html

• Plus1 1