JUCO DT Jahkeem Green [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

For me, I would take the four most important games near the end of the season this year and play this guy.  This gives him time to get in conditioning until those games.  Then, he has the winter conditioning and the spring to get rounded out to step un as a full stud.  

If we have the luxury of not playing him until then, I agree.

Sorry I'm not up on the rules to ask this question, but would he have a potential opportunity for a 4 game redshirt year?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if we get to the last 4 games and we are doing well and our current D line rotation is being successful, we should throw a guy in that hasn't played all year?

So, how did you read all that into my post?

I said nothing about playing him in the last four games.  I also said nothing about others doing well and having him come in and take their spot.  The last fascinating thing you said was throwing a guy in who hadn't played all year.  Did you read my post?  It basically states that by waiting until the end of the season and playing him in four of the more important games  ... he has time to actually get in some conditioning and probably learning the defense.  I would assume he would play into a rotation to keep the first string guys fresh in the tougher game.

You really baffle me on this post.  This was just way too much to read or take from my post to go in the direction you did.  

For me, I'd use this season as a slow t

burn-in into taking a starting spot next season.  Nothing I stated said what you read into it.  

Hope this helps.

• Plus1 2

I'd just like to note that his .8900 (4 star) ranking certainly doesn't bring the Cornhusker 2019 class average down (It was .8850 prior to his commitment).

I'd like to also note that Senior Transfer Darrion Daniels was .9032 coming out of high school and is currently 6-3, 300 lbs.

Jahkeem is 6-4, 300 lbs before he even gets into the Husker Power program.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/recruiting/explosive-juco-dt-jahkeem-green-commits-to-huskers-for-after/article_a5c02ebb-750e-5002-8805-8a9c66ddb7bf.html

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I said nothing about playing him in the last four games.  I also said nothing about others doing well and having him come in and take their spot.  The last fascinating thing you said was throwing a guy in who hadn't played all year.  Did you read my post?  It basically states that by waiting until the end of the season and playing him in four of the more important games  ... he has time to actually get in some conditioning and probably learning the defense.  I would assume he would play into a rotation to keep the first string guys fresh in the tougher game.

You really baffle me on this post.  This was just way too much to read or take from my post to go in the direction you did.  

burn-in into taking a starting spot next season.  Nothing I stated said what you read into it.  

Hope this helps.

There are some leaps (like the others doing well, you didn't specify that), but it's not that far off. "Last four games" isn't exactly "four most important games near the end of the season," but it's close. How are we defining "near the end of the season?" And I understand you saying that would allow time for conditioning/learning the defense, but it's still true he wouldn't have played all year to that point.

I admit I thought of the same scenario you did, but barring injury or him being a complete stud I don't see a lot of reason for him to play the biggest games at the end of the year. We've got a lot of depth this year, but like Big Ern pointed out we lose a lot after that. I don't think we're planning on him contributing much this year, but who knows.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Hope this helps.

Image result for overreaction gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If we have the luxury of not playing him until then, I agree.

Sorry I'm not up on the rules to ask this question, but would he have a potential opportunity for a 4 game redshirt year?

Pretty sure he has 3 years to play 2 so we could redshirt him which means he can be on the field for 4 games or less.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

There are some leaps (like the others doing well, you didn't specify that), but it's not that far off. "Last four games" isn't exactly "four most important games near the end of the season," but it's close. How are we defining "near the end of the season?" And I understand you saying that would allow time for conditioning/learning the defense, but it's still true he wouldn't have played all year to that point.

I admit I thought of the same scenario you did, but barring injury or him being a complete stud I don't see a lot of reason for him to play the biggest games at the end of the year. We've got a lot of depth this year, but like Big Ern pointed out we lose a lot after that. I don't think we're planning on him contributing much this year, but who knows.

He will see PT in 4 games I can almost guarentee it. How much remains to be seen, but this guy is physically ready so there is no reason not to get him some game experience.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Hope this helps.

The part I misread about your post is you said "four most important games toward the end of the season" instead of "last four".

My post was to point out that the situation the team is in at that point should indicate if he plays or not.  Meaning, if we are having a .500 season and we have some injuries on the line....I could see throwing him in to get experience.  However, if we have a championship (division/conference) on the line, I can't see throwing him in so he can get experience.

Question....why would you use the MOST IMPORTANT games at the end of the season to get a player some experience that hasn't played all year?

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He will see PT in 4 games I can almost guarentee it. How much remains to be seen, but this guy is physically ready so there is no reason not to get him some game experience.

Agreed, the point of contention was making those games the "most important" ones. He'll play for sure, but I think it's more likely to be in games that are not in doubt or if we lose a couple guys to injury.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you recruited a JC guy to sit...you recruited the wrong guy.

This.  Coach Tuoti said he felt really good about 6 guys, but would like to have 8 guys that are ready to go.  I dont think Daishon is going to be one of those guys, and Wildeman and Rogers are on track, but Green could fit in nicely to our rotation.