JUCO DT Jahkeem Green [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

43 minutes ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

I think he could benefit from a redshirt year until darrion Daniels and the Davis twins leave so he could have 2 quality years.

What makes you say that? If he's ready/in shape we can use all the depth we can get in the B1G. Do you remember the run D last year? Haha.

4 minutes ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

It’s one position and we have two worthy starters ahead of him in the Daniels brothers, he won’t get playing time.

He is going to see reps at all three spots. Tuioti has also said he wants 6 guys minimum rotating 3 spots. He will play if he lives up to the hype and picks up the defense quickly. 

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You think he'll ahead of all the guys we have up front? I wonder what Sam was referring too academically?

I think Sam is referring the “academically” unqualified part due to the SEC having some rule where JUCO players can’t take online courses at said JUCO school or for another school while still enrolled at said JUCO, something like that. Mike’l Severe and Sam were talking about this yesterday on The Bottom Line. Stupid rule but it’s the SEC’s loss haha

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You think he'll ahead of all the guys we have up front? I wonder what Sam was referring too academically?

I'm sure the big question is conditioning as he hasn't been working out with the team all summer.  And how quickly he catches up after missing the first week of practice.

And there's no guarantee he'll beat anyone out.  But you don't bring in JUCO guys unless you're pretty sure they have a really good chance to contribute right away.

• Plus1 1