JUCO DT Jahkeem Green [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

8 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

I just wonder if he is in player shape. Let’s hope he hit the gym besides studying. 

Would or does it really matter.  He's gonna probably get in four games this year and fill in the key role next year.  To me, the main concern is injury from lack of off-season workouts like what the others have had.  Personally, I'd love to see him adjust and get in some backup reps in the B1G schedule, rather than play early in a non-competitive game.

4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Would or does it really matter.  He's gonna probably get in four games this year and fill in the key role next year.  To me, the main concern is injury from lack of off-season workouts like what the others have had.  Personally, I'd love to see him adjust and get in some backup reps in the B1G schedule, rather than play early in a non-competitive game.

What you are saying is probably what most likely will happen. However, if by chance he at the beginning is better than the Davis brothers, he will get his share of playing time. But I agree that is perhaps a long shot — at least for the first half of the season. 

2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Didn't practice today. Fellow players impressed with his size, Chins expects him to compete to start and at a minimum provide depth. Doesn't sound like a redshirt to me. 

I'm with you.  I want all the bodies possible out there.  Forget redshirting if he already has the size,  go recruit some more. 

• Fire 1
16 hours ago, runningblind said:

I'm with you.  I want all the bodies possible out there.  Forget redshirting if he already has the size,  go recruit some more. 

This 1,000 times over.  if you redshirt most of your freshman you only get an average of 17 recruits and if you don't rely on redshirting you get 21.25.  I know there are many cases where the freshman have potential but just aren't ready and I get that.  But NU is projecting up and will only recruit better each year.

• Fire 1