JUCO DT Jahkeem Green [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

34 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Always get turned off when kids just cant make a decision.

I know there might be a lot more at play but we are a little over a week out from camp starting and you still havent just made a decision.

Seems like situations like this rarely pan out... 

Hope it works out but I am fine with just moving on with what we have.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Always get turned off when kids just cant make a decision.

I know there might be a lot more at play but we are a little over a week out from camp starting and you still havent just made a decision.

Seems like situations like this rarely pan out... 

Hope it works out but I am fine with just moving on with what we have.

I agree.  

I fully understand that this is a huge decision for these kids.  But, at some point, you just have to make a decision and go with it.  When you are less than 10 days out from going to camp, it appears your focus isn't on being ready for camp when you still don't know where you're going to camp.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  

I fully understand that this is a huge decision for these kids.  But, at some point, you just have to make a decision and go with it.  When you are less than 10 days out from going to camp, it appears your focus isn't on being ready for camp when you still don't know where you're going to camp.

Yup I totally agree sometimes you just have to make the best decision and go with it. At this point, I don't think he's going to contribute a lot this year as he'll need to get back in shape (online classes at home screams not working out hard enough) and he'll have a lot of work to do to learn the scheme. He'd most likely contribute next year, but it does feel like we need someone to help next year whether it's Green or a JUCO we get this off season.

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  

Always want to be fair to the kid about how hard of a decision it is but that is more in Jan/Feb.

I wonder if he is waiting for certain grades for one school and the other one is a fall back.

You just start on a bad foot in this case. 

16 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Is this kid Gregory type talent?

That's tough to say with anyone.  But a bunch of SEC schools were after him until they found out he was ineligible in the SEC because of the online math class.  So it sounds like he could be a major force.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I haven’t been following football recruiting closely but why is this kid even making a decision? Is he going to be TTU bound? I thought he committed in like April or May? Just doesn’t really make sense

He committed here but it was too late to sign a letter of intent.  So he can still enroll anywhere he wants.

He really wanted to play in the SEC but can't due to a rule forbidding online JUCO classes.  So we grabbed him late but then he visited Texas Tech so now people think he might end up there instead.  Not exactly the "south" that he supposedly wants to stay in but might be close enough.  Apparently no one really knows until he shows up on a campus.

• Plus1 2