2021 PF Gabe Wiznitzer [Louisville- Signed LOI]

• 1 year later...

https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/07/gabe-wiznitzer-talks-his-recruitment-possible-reclass-option/

A newer development for Wiznitzer is the potential option to reclassify to 2020. “I could potentially go 2020 if I find the right situation and spot where I’m gonna be used right away and developed,” he said. He’s still open to it but clearly is focused on 2021 as more schools are still getting involved. There are some schools that would take him for either class.

As far as his decision timetable: “As far as cutting things I’m not sure yet, gonna see if AAU happens and if there are any live periods. I also can’t take official visits right now due to the virus so I’m not sure about when I will decide.”

• 3 weeks later...

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/after-losing-out-on-prized-prospect-sanogo-husker-hoops-team-moves-in-a-new-direction/article_4524d6a2-03b8-568d-921f-7bd38a58d25a.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_huskerextra

Originally from South Carolina, Wiznitzer spent the 2019-20 season at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia, one of the top prep school programs in the nation.

An inability to take official visits may keep Wiznitzer from reclassifying. And the Huskers could choose to hold on to their remaining open scholarship if they can't find the right fit.

But for the time being, a tough loss on the recruiting trail isn't shutting things down just yet.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article242797076.html

“I haven’t narrowed down my exact list, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to hit Iowa for sure, Cincinnati for sure, possibly Virginia Tech,” Wiznitzer. “I’m still not completely sure. I really want to see who continues to keep in touch with me as the summer goes by, who really makes me a priority. It’s hard to say right now because there are a lot of new schools that are in the mix. Seton Hall has contacted me. Illinois. Kansas State. By the time the season starts, I’ll definitely be cutting my list.”

From Clemson standpoint, it would be easy for Wiznitzer to make the sure ride to campus for an official visit. But as he does his evaluations, he’s hesitant to commit on a trip to see the Tigers again.

Wiznitzer adds that what he’s looking for is a scheme where the big-man plays a bigger role inside, and not a place where the game is dominated by 3-point shooting.

“I think a team that puts the focal point on their big,” he said. “Like, for instance, how Iowa played this year. How Ohio State plays. How they focus on really pounding the all inside and playing inside-out. I just think that caters to my game really well. But there are some things Clemson does that fit me really well as well.”

Doesn’t seem like this will be a good match

• 5 weeks later...