https://theathletic.com/2196309/2020/11/13/bryce-mcgowens-nebraska-five-star-commits/

He is a program-changing kind of talent, according to those who know his skills well, a one-and-done candidate capable of helping carry a Nebraska roster set to retain its core next year to NCAA Tournament victories in the 2021-22 season.

Yes, victories. As in plural.

The Huskers have never won an NCAA Tournament game. They’ve been selected for the tournament just once this century. But after a 7-25 finish in Hoiberg’s first season, things are looking dramatically up for Huskers hoops.

What kind of impact might Nebraska expect from McGowens? Something like what happened with Royce White at Iowa State, who helped turn the Cyclones under Hoiberg from a team that finished 10 games under .500 in the Big 12 in 2011, without White, into one that won a game in the NCAA Tournament one year later. He was then selected 16th in the 2012 NBA draft.

Just now, Decked said:

We don’t suck at football we’re just a basketball school now 

Fred Hoiberg BABY

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....how does he compare to Sallis?  I see he's 3" taller, but are they sort of the same type of player?

Obviously, it would be awesome to get both, but if we get this kid....I would think it would help with the sting of not getting even a sniff from Sallis as he gets closer to a decision.

Sallis is the higher rated recruit, but Bryce fits better, IMO. 

1 minute ago, cornheadnation said:

In anyone's opinion, does this maybe make Sallis give us one last look? I know its a pipe dream, but oof... that would be crazy. 

I doubt it.  This commitment already puts them one over the scholarship limit & the B1G only allows hoops teams to over sign by one.

4 minutes ago, cornheadnation said:

In anyone's opinion, does this maybe make Sallis give us one last look? I know its a pipe dream, but oof... that would be crazy. 

I know nothing about BB recruiting.  But, I would think it's basically a "no chance" when we didn't even make his final list.

But....hey.....he's an 18 year old kid.  So...who knows.

FYI....if Sallis would jump on board, that would move us to the 3rd best class in the nation.chuckleshuffle

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I doubt it.  This commitment already puts them one over the scholarship limit & the B1G only allows hoops teams to over sign by one.

I'm sure that with transfers their is always enough attrition that that wouldn't be an issue, I didn't know that rule with the Big 10 though... so pretty much thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams for this sports year. :lol:

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

His commit puts NU's class at 25th nationally and 4th in the B1G at 247 Sports.

Well, based on our results with similar recruiting rankings in football... that might be enough to yield an NIT invite?

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know nothing about BB recruiting.  But, I would think it's basically a "no chance" when we didn't even make his final list.

But....hey.....he's an 18 year old kid.  So...who knows.

FYI....if Sallis would jump on board, that would move us to the 3rd best class in the nation.chuckleshuffle

That would be absolutely insane, and would lose my mind

6 minutes ago, cornheadnation said:

I'm sure that with transfers their is always enough attrition that that wouldn't be an issue, I didn't know that rule with the Big 10 though... so pretty much thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams for this sports year. :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble...

• seaofred92 changed the title to Bryce McGowens
  • Mavric unpinned this topic