2019-20 Season Notes

26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Unfortunately it was more about opponents missing shots in the early games that it was about our defense...

Yes, this team really struggles to guard. They let bad offense affect their defense as well because when they miss shots they play lazy defense. This is not only a Nebraska problem because so many teams have this issue as well.

Another issue is we have no depth at all and when we are worn out(see MSU game) we just can't finish games because we are tired. Year two will be a vast improvement for sure but we need to finish with two or three wins to the year somehow to get these guys believing for next year. 

19 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Yes, this team really struggles to guard. They let bad offense affect their defense as well because when they miss shots they play lazy defense. This is not only a Nebraska problem because so many teams have this issue as well.

Another issue is we have no depth at all and when we are worn out(see MSU game) we just can't finish games because we are tired. Year two will be a vast improvement for sure but we need to finish with two or three wins to the year somehow to get these guys believing for next year. 

I don't see the guys hustling like I did earlier.   They are wearing out both physically & mentally.   This losing streak is getting to them.  They need a Sr. / upperclassman to lead vocally & by action. I don't see the second.

5 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I don't see the guys hustling like I did earlier.   They are wearing out both physically & mentally.   This losing streak is getting to them.  They need a Sr. / upperclassman to lead vocally & by action. I don't see the second.

It is the dog days for them... the BTT it will be a "second chance"

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This season just needs to end and we need to start looking forward to next year. 

While this season has sucked, I have seen flashes that give me hope/excitement.

They run plays that work. They have a few guys who seem to be pretty talented but lack depth. Cam Mack is a really good player who just doesnt have the talent around him. This team will look VERY different next year in some senses but concern is still around Hoibergs small guy lineup in the rough B1G. 

That being said, I think future teams will run a lot more which should help with lack of size. 

Adding some talented guys like Walker, Banton, Stevenson, Allen and King should make a major difference.

18 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

While this season has sucked, I have seen flashes that give me hope/excitement.

They run plays that work. They have a few guys who seem to be pretty talented but lack depth. Cam Mack is a really good player who just doesnt have the talent around him. This team will look VERY different next year in some senses but concern is still around Hoibergs small guy lineup in the rough B1G. 

That being said, I think future teams will run a lot more which should help with lack of size. 

Adding some talented guys like Walker, Banton, Stevenson, Allen and King should make a major difference.

Oh...I’m excited about next year. The offense works. It gets guys open for threes and guys are getting good cuts to the basket. Our shooting sucks and we just can’t make a simple layup and that’s mind boggling. 

This is just not fun to watch....the team needs to go through this though.