Nebraska A.D. Bill Moos Is Restoring Husker Glory With His Brand of Brazen Leadership

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/shatel-nebraska-a-d-bill-moos-is-restoring-husker-glory/article_425d35a6-afdf-5c30-8f48-054f3b88fb6b.html

Last Thursday afternoon, Moos showed me around his office, where he is surrounded by history. Nebraska history. And Moos history. Over on the bookshelves, there are several binders that hold Moos’ Sports Illustrated collection — from 1965-75. He’s got more at home.

Moos says he wants to write a book one day. The life and times of a rancher, college football player and administrator.

The best chapters are getting ready to be written across Nebraska.

I went to see Moos to find out how he is bringing swagger back to Nebraska Husker sports. And how much longer he wants to hang around here.

I found myself going back to a wonderful time and place, a land called Old School.

To get there, you walk down a hallway of irony. You pass a room, with a giant glass window, called the “Social Media Hub.” On the wall there are TV sets with all the talking heads arguing and screaming at each other. There are computers where tweets and Snapchats go out and NU is all things modern.

Moos’ office is down the hall but might as well be a universe away.

That’s a good thing. To find the future, Nebraska had to go back to the past. That’s Moos.

• Plus1 2