8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Too lazy to look at his stats but I was at the game vs OSU in Sioux Falls and don’t remember him standing out

6 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Too lazy to look at his stats but I was at the game vs OSU in Sioux Falls and don’t remember him standing out

I don't think he played a lot. Dismissed from the team for driving around Stillwater and shooting with a BB gun.  Was charged with a felony.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I don't think he played a lot. Dismissed from the team for driving around Stillwater and shooting with a BB gun.  Was charged with a felony.

Pass

Ntambwe would be an unreal pickup. Took a visit to UConn already that went very well but no commitment and UConn guys seem very concerned about his visit here. I do think it’s interesting he notes above he’s considering going pro...

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Ntambwe would be an unreal pickup. Took a visit to UConn already that went very well but no commitment and UConn guys seem very concerned about his visit here. I do think it’s interesting he notes above he’s considering going pro...

Both UNLV guys are sit 1 play 3.... wonder if they could get a waiver due to coaching change.

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Both UNLV guys are sit 1 play 3.... wonder if they could get a waiver due to coaching change.

Yes they could. Happened last year for a few coaching changes but its the NCAA so who truly knows.

I would say both Ntambwe and Tchamwa Tchatchoa are worth it even if we cant get the waiver. 

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

It seems like its easier to get a waiver in football than basketball.  A couple good players like this and we are completely different team.

If we can keep Green on-board and add PG- Cam Mack... plus Ntambwe and keep Roby... Well, I start to get pretty excited.

This team is such a huge unknown but adding some talent sure would be exciting.

8 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

waiver process now seems to be if the school they are leaving doesnt object, then they get the waiver. if they do it seems it gets dragged out then ultimately denied.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, Minnesota_husker said:

If we can keep Green on-board and add PG- Cam Mack... plus Ntambwe and keep Roby... Well, I start to get pretty excited.

This team is such a huge unknown but adding some talent sure would be exciting.

After hearing Mile's assistant coach on the radio earlier this week stating that Robey should go, he would advise him to go, and there is virtually no upside to staying.........I am resigned to the fact that he is probably gone.  (He obviously knows the entire situation much better than the fans, but it seemed to me that Robey actually digressed in some areas this year and I would have guessed he could help his stock by staying around and honing thing up a bit under FH). ??

2 hours ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

Apparently we are the only team interested

4D4F00DD-DA78-443E-876D-1B1631091533.png

I’m somewhat surprised but I’m glad we’re reaching out. I watch a lot of AAC hoops- Allen would be a perfect complimentary piece in this offense as a backup PG behind Burke. Him and Dawkins were perfect together last year. Honestly could probably play on the court with Burke as well as his game fits in well with others. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Transfer U:

Not saying we give up on HS guys but I really think this is the way to go for us.

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not saying we give up on HS guys but I really think this is the way to go for us.

At least for now. Ideally if we could add two 1 year guys we would then have some time to fill those slots next year with HS kids.

I think a healthy mixture is good.

7 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

A couple more I think we should be in on

Woah.  Marquette was going to be a Top 10 team preseason.  Big news.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Only issue is coming off of shoulder surgery 

23 hours ago, Mavric said:

Want. 

21 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

A couple more I think we should be in on

This would be our biggest gets. Sounds like they are interested in both Michigan State and Wisconsin. Yuck 

1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

He also is trying for the NBA it looks like.

I would assume Nebraska is a huge longshot. He probably goes to a team with some key pieces.

.From Orlando. He was recruited by SMU, Arkansas, Boston College and Clemson out of highschool...

I dont see the ties. 

That being said, him and Roby together would be FUN!

• Plus1 1

If NU can somehow nab Blackshear.  Oh mamma.  Decent chance he probably follows Buzz to A&M although you never know.

23 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Thanks for sharing. Chris Clarke is a name I havent heard but might fit Hoibergs system of taking someone with a troubled past and giving them a second shot. 

(8)Joel Ntambwe already visited so holding out hope we can get him.

Terrell Allen has been discussed as a backup plan to Cam Mack. 

Maurice Calloo visited here. 

If the Hauser brothers want to play here, you roll out the freaking red carpet. they cant play this year and Sam only has 1 year after he sits... dont care.. they would be awesome.

David Jenkins would be top of list as well but I dont think we have even really heard any serious mentions of Nebraska. 

Eric Williams seems to be an interesting one as well. Working to have him come visit. 

No idea how this all shakes out. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

Isn’t he a juco kid? 

Yes.  I suppose I probably should have put it in the 2019 thread.

But I see you started a thread for him so that's good.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yes.  I suppose I probably should have put it in the 2019 thread.

But I see you started a thread for him so that's good.  Thanks.

No worries. Hard to keep these names straight. 

According to Abdelmassih, their general plan going forward is to look for two regular (non-grad) transfers each year and not as heavy on grad transfers as people might think.  He said they will look for two regular transfers so that there isn't just one guy having to sit out the season by himself.  And their not necessarily as interested in grad transfers because of concerns over how well they'll want to fit in for just one year.

Also, having two transfers sitting out - leaving 10 available players in a given year - will make it easier to try to have the other guys get to play enough to (hopefully) keep them happy and keep the roster balanced.

• Plus1 4