Potential Transfers

21 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

He visited St. John's in 2017. He only scored 25 points last season for the Vols which was the lowest of all their starters. I think a change of scenery will help this guy out. 

He needs to work on his free throw shooting as he shot an abysmal 26% from the line. Granted he was only 5-19 but he needs to knock em down. He will have a whole year to work on that. 

Solid get by the staff. For the last scholarship, I would not be surprised if we just hold onto it for a 2020 recruit or transfer. Unless Joel Notambwe wants in, you take him no matter what. It depends on what Roby does but in my opinion, he is all but gone. 

29 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

He visited St. John's in 2017. He only scored 25 points last season for the Vols which was the lowest of all their starters. I think a change of scenery will help this guy out. 

He needs to work on his free throw shooting as he shot an abysmal 26% from the line. Granted he was only 5-19 but he needs to knock em down. He will have a whole year to work on that. 

Solid get by the staff. For the last scholarship, I would not be surprised if we just hold onto it for a 2020 recruit or transfer. Unless Joel Notambwe wants in, you take him no matter what. It depends on what Roby does but in my opinion, he is all but gone. 

I think he's got some potential and that TN may end up regretting this one.  Definitely needs to work on that FT shooting, that's really bad haha.  

I think it's safe to assume Roby's gone so we have one scholly left.  I imagine they will be pretty selective in who they give it to if they don't hang on to it.

39 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Roby is not coming back, but it might be smarter to hang on to a scholarship.  Next year, we will have 2 leaving and 2 coming in. 

I am not saying he will but technically we dont have an open spot right now.

I dont know the rules on over signing for basketball but I dont believe someone could sign right now until Roby officially declares. 

11 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Roby has to decide by May 29th, so they will know by then if there is a scholarship available.

I think we will have plenty of time to still fill that spot, I just dont think it will be with the Wake Forest kid.... I dont think we had much of a chance anyways.

Wait over the summer and see if someone decides last minute to grad transfer. I would like to keep a few open spots for 2020 kids. 

4 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Can you link to where the rules changed last year?

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/ny-sports-ncaa-basketball-20180808-story.html

Relevant part (that I forgot & apparently so did every sportswriter in Omaha/Lincoln) is:

College basketball players who participate in the NBA combine and aren’t drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ECisGod said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/ny-sports-ncaa-basketball-20180808-story.html

Relevant part is (that I forgot & apparently so did every sportswriter in Omaha/Lincoln):

Based on what I can find this isn't true yet.  https://www.ncaa.org/about/flexibility-going-pro-and-getting-degree

NBA draft flexibility

College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren’t drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season.

This also makes it pretty clear that the deadline is May 29th until the NBA and NBPA changes their rules.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/enforcement/2019ENF_NBAMemo.pdf

Pg. 13 #3 - A student-athlete who wishes to remove his name from the NBA Draft AND maintain NCAA eligibility must submit a written statement to the NBA by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, May 29, 2019.