Inside Backer Depth

10 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

It was mentioned in the spring practice notes thread as well.

You mean some people actually read that thread????

However, this brings a really interesting depth issue now.  You’re looking at three scholly inside guys heading into fall.  Honas hasn’t practiced this Spring either.  Lot of reps for who the heck is that on Saturday

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

You mean some people actually read that thread????

However, this brings a really interesting depth issue now.  You’re looking at three scholly inside guys heading into fall.  Honas hasn’t practiced this Spring either.  Lot of reps for who the heck is that on Saturday

Next man up.  Unfortunately the depth isn’t there yet for talent to be sidelined and not feel the impact.

One thing that concerns me the most going into the season is depth.  It seems like depth is in pretty short supply across the board.  A lot of potential, but not yet "reality".  As far as  depth based upon potential and recruitment we look good.  Again, IMHO this is based on expectations.  

I remember when Clemson played Bama the first time for in the NC game.  I figured Clemson would lose because they didn't have the depth to go full out for 60 minutes against Bama. (even though Clemson was a great team)  I said Dabo needed one more year to get that depth and then the could play and beat anyone in the country.    I think we see marked improvement this year, but are still a season away from making that huge jump.  We have to get a solid 1-2 depth across the board.  

As a fan, I am also hoping to be surprised.