OT Alex Conn

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

47 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Conn commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...

CB from Christopherson N.

I'll laugh pretty good at this if we get him. Right after Corcoran committed there was a big thread on the KState board about Corcoran being overrated and Conn having the much higher ceiling. They went on about Conn being a lock for KState and they're getting the better player blah blah blah. Now not only are they not in the top 3, we are in the driver's seat. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

CB from Christopherson N.

I'll laugh pretty good at this if we get him. Right after Corcoran committed there was a big thread on the KState board about Corcoran being overrated and Conn having the much higher ceiling. They went on about Conn being a lock for KState and they're getting the better player blah blah blah. Now not only are they not in the top 3, we are in the driver's seat. 

Gotta love bitter fans. I dont know anything about this kid. But Corcoran is rated over .98 this kid is rated .86. I find it hard to believe a .86 has a higher ceiling. 

Hmmm, there seemed to be some highly touted OL we were in on in this class.  For me, I'll be disappointed if this is our next best get at OL.  Guess the staff sees this kid as our best option though.  I was hoping for two stud, 4*, with one in the Top 100 and the other in Top 200 at least.  Thus, his ranking must be off.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Hmmm, there seemed to be some highly touted OL we were in on in this class.  For me, I'll be disappointed if this is our next best get at OL.  Guess the staff sees this kid as our best option though.  I was hoping for two stud, 4*, with one in the Top 100 and the other in Top 200 at least.  This, his ranking must be off.

Very possible. I think when we first got in on Wandale last year he was like mid 80s. Then climbed to upper 80s and finished at like .95

6 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Hmmm, there seemed to be some highly touted OL we were in on in this class.  For me, I'll be disappointed if this is our next best get at OL.  Guess the staff sees this kid as our best option though.  I was hoping for two stud, 4*, with one in the Top 100 and the other in Top 200 at least.  This, his ranking must be off.

In terms of offensive linemen, I personally NEVER look at the stars - you have to look at potential.   We’ve had several of the 4 star “studs” that just never develop.  For me (untrained at evaluating), I just a) have to trust the coaches to see that potential, and b) know that sometimes it’s a crap shoot either way.

48 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

In terms of offensive linemen, I personally NEVER look at the stars - you have to look at potential.   We’ve had several of the 4 star “studs” that just never develop.  For me (untrained at evaluating), I just a) have to trust the coaches to see that potential, and b) know that sometimes it’s a crap shoot either way.

Rankings are a lot about measurables and camp visits.   Some guys just make good football players and that might show on video tape but not with a measuring tape.  Hard to measure work ethic and coachability.

Where you get really special players however is when the kid with the measurables is hungry to learn and work.  2/3* can turn in to All Americans still sure,  but it's not nearly as easy without superb physical gifts. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to OT Alex Conn
  • Mavric pinned this topic