Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

47 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Conn commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric pinned this topic

On 6/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, Warrior10 said:

CB from Christopherson N.

I'll laugh pretty good at this if we get him. Right after Corcoran committed there was a big thread on the KState board about Corcoran being overrated and Conn having the much higher ceiling. They went on about Conn being a lock for KState and they're getting the better player blah blah blah. Now not only are they not in the top 3, we are in the driver's seat. 

We’ll be needing a link to the KState board now.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

On 6/6/2019 at 12:26 PM, BigRedN said:

Hmmm, there seemed to be some highly touted OL we were in on in this class.  For me, I'll be disappointed if this is our next best get at OL.  Guess the staff sees this kid as our best option though.  I was hoping for two stud, 4*, with one in the Top 100 and the other in Top 200 at least.  Thus, his ranking must be off.

I know next to nothing about this kid, but his frame alone should excite you. 6'6 and 280. They can put good weight on him and hopefully take the Wisconsin route. Take guys with a good motor and smarts and 2-3 years in the system and boom they are 2-year starters.

It all comes down to coaching.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, Warrior10 said:

I'll laugh pretty good at this if we get him. Right after Corcoran committed there was a big thread on the KState board about Corcoran being overrated and Conn having the much higher ceiling. They went on about Conn being a lock for KState and they're getting the better player blah blah blah. Now not only are they not in the top 3, we are in the driver's seat. 

According to the KSU Rivals state of Kansas Rankings, he has Corcoran as #1 and Conn as .... #10.  :lol:

Now, to be fair, he thinks Corcoran should be a five-star.  And he literally says he thinks Conn has all the tools to be as good as Corcoran, he just isn't as developed or polished right now.  So it would seem to me that, given those thoughts, #10 in kind of low.  But it made me remember this and laugh when I read it.

If we can grab two borderline-five-star OTs from next door in one cycle, we'll be sitting pretty in 3-4 years.

• 2 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Alex Conn