WHAT WERE THEY THINKING: Dumb Things Dumb People Do

Fun Dumb and Dumber Poll  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That is so sad.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Yes. I hope other people will learn from this.

But that's the problem - they won't learn from this. They'll double-down and say the boy should have used twice as much peppermint oil or eaten twice as many elderberries. 

1 hour ago, schriznoeder said:

But that's the problem - they won't learn from this. They'll double-down and say the boy should have used twice as much peppermint oil or eaten twice as many elderberries. 

The moron anti-vaxxers will, sure, but hopefully a parent faced with a similar choice will remember this outcome.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

How about giving a 64 year old guy a ride in a fighter jet as a surprise gift from his employees.  The guy never wanted to ride in a jet.

To add to this - the guy accepted.

Then the surprising thing happened that made it obvious this was the Wrong gift.

(Me - I always wanted to ride in a fighter jet but never had. My uncle was a B-52 electronic warfare eng and retired as a Lt Colonel)

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/france-fighter-jet-ejection-scli-intl/index.html

A surprise company outing to an air base caused a 64-year-old French man so much stress that he flung himself from a fighter jet in midair, grabbing the ejector button in a panic and tumbling through the skies above France before landing in a field.
The man had been surprised by employees at his firm, who had organized a joyride in a Dassault Rafale B jet for him as a treat.
But they apparently didn't know their colleague as well as they thought. Once the man arrived at the Saint-Dizier air base in northeastern France and realized what his co-workers had arranged, he began to feel extremely stressed, according to a fairly remarkable aviation accident report by a French government agency.
The unnamed man had never expressed any desire to fly in a fighter jet and had no previous military aviation experience, investigators discovered.
And thanks to a watch he was wearing which could measure his heart rate, investigators noticed that "his heart was in full tachycardia" before the flight, with a recorded heart rate ranging from 136 to 142 beats per minute.
But the man went through with the ride, joining a three-plane training exercise as a passenger. The Rafale B is used by the French air force, and has a maximum speed of nearly 1,400 kilometers per hour (870 miles per hour).
When the jet was 2,500 feet above ground and the pilot began to climb, the passenger panicked and reached for something to hold onto.
Unfortunately, that something was the ejector seat button -- and the 64-year-old flew from the fighter jet.
To make matters worse, he had not securely attached his helmet, which went flying in midair.
Fortunately, the man avoided seriously injury after tumbling to earth in a field near the German border.
Investigators concluded that the error was caused by an involuntary reflex, prompted by stress and the jet's sudden movement.
The pilot was not ejected and managed to land the plane safely, despite suffering some minor facial injuries during the ordeal.
The passenger, meanwhile, was taken to a nearby hospital after the flight.

200413152243-02-france-ejection-investig
  • Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

How about giving a 64 year old guy a ride in a fighter jet as a surprise gift from his employees.  The guy never wanted to ride in a jet.

To add to this - the guy accepted.

Then the surprising thing happened that made it obvious this was the Wrong gift.

(Me - I always wanted to ride in a fighter jet but never had. My uncle was a B-52 electronic warfare eng and retired as a Lt Colonel)

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/france-fighter-jet-ejection-scli-intl/index.html

I laughed a little too hard at this story.  Poor guy!

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...

Got to say  this, the guy knows how to handle a Sawzall.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/18/news/piscataquis/maine-man-saws-neighbors-garage-in-half-amid-boundary-dispute/

20200716_150447-scaled.jpg?resize=1200,9

This shows the remains of the garage at 148 Grove St., in Dover-Foxcroft after being cut in half during a property-line dispute. The posts and yellow tape depict the property line, while a fence has been erected in the driveway to define the separation between the abutting properties further.

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Got to say  this, the guy knows how to handle a Sawzall.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/07/18/news/piscataquis/maine-man-saws-neighbors-garage-in-half-amid-boundary-dispute/

20200716_150447-scaled.jpg?resize=1200,9

This shows the remains of the garage at 148 Grove St., in Dover-Foxcroft after being cut in half during a property-line dispute. The posts and yellow tape depict the property line, while a fence has been erected in the driveway to define the separation between the abutting properties further.

My BIL did something like this to his neighbor's fence a few years ago. It's a great way to make an enemy next door.

• Haha 2