Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

WR Gavin Sawchuk

HuskerBoard Predictor  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Player: Gavin Sawchuk

Hometown: Littleton, Colorado

School: Valor Christian

Position: Running Back, Wide Receiver

Height: 5/10

Weight: 160

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Colorado, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, Penn State

Visits: 4/13/19 - Spring Game

 

 Twitter

 

247 Composite

 

Rivals
247
ESPN: 

 

Hudl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in attendance today.  Quite the offer list for a freshman.

 

And already has beyond legit track speed.  6.46 in the 55 meters; 6.89 in the 60 meters; 21.99 in the 200 (all indoor).  Ran 10.88 (100) and 22.20 (200) outdoor last year - yeah, he was an 8th grader.

 

For comparison, that 100 meter time would have placed 3rd in Class A last year.  And 4th in the 200.  As an 8th grader.  And 6.89 in the 60 would have been the 13th-fastest time AT THE B1G INDOOR MEET THIS YEAR!!!!!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mavric said:

Was in attendance today.  Quite the offer list for a freshman.

 

And already has beyond legit track speed.  6.46 in the 55 meters; 6.89 in the 60 meters; 21.99 in the 200 (all indoor).  Ran 10.88 (100) and 22.20 (200) outdoor last year - yeah, he was an 8th grader.

 

For comparison, that 100 meter time would have placed 3rd in Class A last year.  And 4th in the 200.  As an 8th grader.  And 6.89 in the 60 would have been the 13th-fastest time AT THE B1G INDOOR MEET THIS YEAR!!!!!

That is some serious speed at that age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mavric said:

Was in attendance today.  Quite the offer list for a freshman.

 

And already has beyond legit track speed.  6.46 in the 55 meters; 6.89 in the 60 meters; 21.99 in the 200 (all indoor).  Ran 10.88 (100) and 22.20 (200) outdoor last year - yeah, he was an 8th grader.

 

For comparison, that 100 meter time would have placed 3rd in Class A last year.  And 4th in the 200.  As an 8th grader.  And 6.89 in the 60 would have been the 13th-fastest time AT THE B1G INDOOR MEET THIS YEAR!!!!!

So wait, he was an 8th grader? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

So wait, he was an 8th grader? 

 

Did I forget to mention that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 12:21 AM, Mavric said:

Was in attendance today.  Quite the offer list for a freshman.

 

And already has beyond legit track speed.  6.46 in the 55 meters; 6.89 in the 60 meters; 21.99 in the 200 (all indoor).  Ran 10.88 (100) and 22.20 (200) outdoor last year - yeah, he was an 8th grader.

 

For comparison, that 100 meter time would have placed 3rd in Class A last year.  And 4th in the 200.  As an 8th grader.  And 6.89 in the 60 would have been the 13th-fastest time AT THE B1G INDOOR MEET THIS YEAR!!!!!

 

Okay, that's pretty fast and all, but what I'm really wondering (and I'm not a track guy), is if they really have separate events for 55 meters and 60 meters. Seems strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Okay, that's pretty fast and all, but what I'm really wondering (and I'm not a track guy), is if they really have separate events for 55 meters and 60 meters. Seems strange.

 

I believe the 60 is more common.  Maybe some meets run the 55 instead?  :dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

I believe the 60 is more common.  Maybe some meets run the 55 instead?  :dunno

60 M is the desired indoor short straightaway sprint.  However some older indoor facilities are too small to get the full 60 M safely so they go to 55 M.  The indoor seniors meets I run in have either depending on the venue.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×