2020 Congressional Elections

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article243935497.html

Lindsey is feeling the heat in the campaign so now he is giving token opposition to Trump.  The voters won't buy it as we have seen 4 years of brown nosing by Lindsey Graham.  He is going to have die politically for his support of Trump.

His opponent raised $14 million in the 2nd quarter

https://theweek.com/speedreads/924030/lindsey-graham-challenger-raises-eyepopping-14-million-2nd-quarter-topping-huge-hauls-democratic-senate-candidates

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Just so we're clear: You think Rand Paul is a treasonous coward?

Toss the whole lot out and let's try again with a fresh batch.

The GOP has always talked a big game about constitutional liberties, principles, law and order, etc etc.

Then we got the worst, most corrupt, most unmoored president we've ever had.

With only exceptions that I could count on one hand, they melted. Across the board.

They're all complicit. They're all enablers. Good riddance. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Rand Paul is a coward.  He was totally anti trump in 2016 primaries.  He, like Lindsey Graham have done a 180 and have melted in Trump's hands. 

I see. You're not calling Rand Paul a treasonous coward per se. Just in the context of needing to have fought tooth and nail against Trump this whole time.

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Undone said:

I see. You're not calling Rand Paul a treasonous coward per se. Just in the context of needing to have fought tooth and nail against Trump this whole time.

Rand Paul has been the lone vote stopping bi-partisan policy on more than one occasion.

I don't know why Collins is on there. It's like... just because she considers or occasionally does vote with Democrats that she gets trashed when she doesn't. How about obsess over the ones that always support Trump and not the ones you think might occasionally help you.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Not sure what game you are playing but I don't have any problem call Paul treasonous as he has supported the treasonous president. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dems favored to take over the Senate per this report

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cook-political-report-democrats-favored-to-take-back-senate-with-just-over-100-days-until-2020-election

Given the current political climate and just over 100 days until Election Day, Republicans are at risk of losing their Senate majority.

A newly released analysis by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report showed on Thursday that President Trump's low polling numbers in comparison to his presumptive Democratic challenger Joe Biden may reflect the performance of other GOP candidates.

"As of now, Democrats are a slight favorite to win the Senate majority," the report said, which cited multiple Republican strategists who see grim prospects for their party in November.

Republicans currently hold 53 seats and Democrats have 45 seats. There are also two independents who caucus with Democrats.