2020 Congressional Elections

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is one of those times when I believe him when he said it was sarcasm.  But....it's so fun to watch him squirm because he's so concerned that he's going to lose.

I like how he qualified his statement with the Legislative body not wanting to go back to that history.

Can't think if the executive branch would want to go back. Make America great again (when was that time specifically?).

• Plus1 1

Faced with a consistent stream of polls showing U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner headed for a loss next month, national Republican groups are spending far less in Colorado than in other battleground states this fall.

“There is no reason for either side to put another dime into this state. It’s over,” said David Flaherty, a Republican pollster in Colorado who predicts “historic” losses for his party Nov. 3.

“It is undeniable. The train wreck and implosion of the president will bring a historic number of other Republican candidates down, and if you don’t believe that then you have your head in the sand,” he added.

• Thanks 1
On 10/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, TGHusker said:

I think the GOP is going to lose the Senate in  a big way.   I wish one of them was the Turtle.   He may survive and as punishment will have to sit and watch Sen Shumer (who I'm no fan of ) take over leadership. 

This got me to thinking... In an ideal world, if the Ds flip the Senate, who would I want to serve as Majority Leader? Several solid choices out there - Chris Coons, Amy Klobuchar, and Sherrod Brown come to mind. I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but it's fun to dream.

31 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

This got me to thinking... In an ideal world, if the Ds flip the Senate, who would I want to serve as Majority Leader? Several solid choices out there - Chris Coons, Amy Klobuchar, and Sherrod Brown come to mind. I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but it's fun to dream.

Yes, I think it should be someone diff than Shumer.   Any would be a good choice and Brown as well. 

• Plus1 1

This time last year a life-long GOP friend was telling me that Republicans were likely to keep the presidency, keep the Senate, and possibly take back the House. He cited the current war chest of each party - and he had a point, since the GOP had significantly more money than the Dems around that time.

It's incredible to see how that has flipped in the past year. The change is almost entirely due to the trumpification of the GOP. 

You hate to see it.

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This time last year a life-long GOP friend was telling me that Republicans were likely to keep the presidency, keep the Senate, and possibly take back the House. He cited the current war chest of each party - and he had a point, since the GOP had significantly more money than the Dems around that time.

It's incredible to see how that has flipped in the past year. The change is almost entirely due to the trumpification of the GOP. 

You hate to see it.

He's a great money manager! 

:rollin

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, GSG said:

He's a great money manager! 

:rollin

There has never been a greater  money manager.  He is Yuge as a money manager,  greater than Lincoln, Washington, FDR and Jefferson - like nothing the world has ever seen. 

Amazing what a con he is.   Think of what Mark Burnett  has done.  With the show the Apprentice, he created such a false image of what Trump really was and Trump was able to use it to con his way into the WH.   Burnett most assuredly rescued Trump from financial ruin which in turn,  ultimately led the country to the edge of an economic, medical, political abyss

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Amazing what a con he is.   Think of what Mark Burnett  has done.  With the show the Apprentice, he created such a false image of what Trump really was and Trump was able to use it to con his way into the WH.   Burnett most assuredly rescued Trump from financial ruin which in turn,  ultimately led the country to the edge of an economic, medical, political abyss

I've never thought about it that way before, but that's so spot on. And now I feel like I need to stop watching Shark Tank. Curse you, Mark Burnett!

18 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

I've never thought about it that way before, but that's so spot on. And now I feel like I need to stop watching Shark Tank. Curse you, Mark Burnett!

I can't blame Mark Burnett.

Blame the average American voter in the midwest. Facebook has essentially become a Boomer-brainwashing machine, convincing people that voting for a reality TV character was a good idea. 

Mark Burnett's job is to create TV. Its up to a voter to use some critical thinking ability and fill in a few circles on a ballot, separating TV from real life. Something they cannot do.

• Plus1 2