JUCO CB Nadab Joseph [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

34 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Joseph commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Mississippi State
    • Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Wasn’t he planning on being here by August 1st?

Not sure that an exact date has ever been given.  At least not one that I've seen.

I can't find their academic calendar for this year.  Last year finals for the summer session were on August 2nd with grades due by the 6th.  That would roughly translate to finals being next week with grades due the following Monday.  So one would think he'd know by the 3rd.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO CB Nadab Joseph [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic

14 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Will he be a start era at boundary CB right away? 

If so, what does the starting secondary look like?

He was a Top 100 player (per Rivals) who was going to Alabama or Georgia out of high school before getting off track.  I would think he'd have every chance to play early and often.

I would say he, Bootle and Taylor-Britt would be first in line at corner with Williams and Dismuke at Safety.  Depending on how Clark and Newsome are coming along Bootle and CTB could both play some safety as well. 

• Fire 1

It will be interesting to see how they work him in.   He's a versatile talent.   I like his 6-2 frame&long arms.  Looks like he gets good jams when he plays the LOS.  Supports fast.   Sometimes I think CB and sometimes I think safety.    For the first year I think learning CB is much much easier than safety so that's probably the spot for him this year.   He could come in on nickel or dime situations to play CB and Bootle or Cam can slide over to nickel/dime.    I don't want to forget about Clark or Newsome either.  I think  Newsome could play some safety at times in replacement of Dismuke when we need to upgrade speed in passing downs.  Clark would play CB in nickel or DIme just like Joseph then. 

With Wright moving to OLB  Joseph puts us back to 12 scholarship DB's.   So the numbers aren't optimum but the quality is good.