Roster Outlook for The 2019-2020 Season

We are now almost complete with our roster and it is a completely revamped team. As we get new players I will add them but so far here is our roster and potential additions for 2019. Nebraska is allowed 13 scholarship players in total. I probably missed some transfers but I am only adding them if they visited or have some connection with the staff (Lard I think). 

Update: This staff is recruiting at a high level. They have added some solid players to this roster. The main thing now is how will the roster gel for the 2019 season. Justin Costello has left the team according to Washut so I removed him.

On Roster 

Dachon Burke

Thor

Isaiah Roby (Almost certainly going pro)

Jace Piatowski(Walk-on)

Charlie Easley(Walk-On)

2 scholarships

Recruits signed

Jervay Green

Akol Arop

Cam Mack

Yvan Ouedraogo

Kevin Cross

Samari Curtis

6 scholarships

Grad Transfers/Transfers Committed/Signed

Haanif Cheatham(Grad)

Matej Kavas(Grad)

Dalano Banton(Transfer)

Shamiel Stevenson(Transfer)-applying for a waiver for immediate eligibility.

Derrick Walker(Transfer)

5 scholarships

Right now that leaves us with 0 available scholarships. If Roby wants to stay things could get interesting. 

13 total scholarships. 

Transfers/Grad Transfers-I will leave these names on here in case something happens but it looks like our roster is full at the moment. 

Maurice Calloo(Transfer)- seems we want him to go Juco before we give him a spot. 

Joel Ntambwe(Transfer)-visited for the Spring game. He could potentially apply for a waiver to play immediately 

• Plus1 7

22 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

We are very thin right now with our roster and by fall we will have a completely different team. As we get new players I will add them but so far here is our roster and potential additions for 2019. Nebraska is allowed 13 scholarship players in total. I probably missed some transfers but I am only adding them if they visited or have some connection with the staff (Lard I think).

On Roster 

Amir Harris

Dachon Burke

Thor

Justin Costello (Walk on)

Isaiah Roby (Potentially going pro)

Karrington Davis

Johnny Trueblood (Has a chance to come back, but unlikely)

Brady Heiman

6 scholarships

Recruits signed

Jervay Green

Akol Arop

2 scholarships

Right now that leaves us with 4-5  available scholarships depending if Roby leaves. 

High school/Juco Recruits-We probably take 1 

Cam Mack

Mika Adams-Woods

Transfers/Grad Transfers- 3-4 I would assume two will sit and two will be grad transfers 

Haanif Cheatham(Grad)

Matej Kavas(Grad)

Jayce Johnson(Grad) 7 footer-working on official

Maurice Calloo(Transfer)

Cam Lard(Transfer)- Possible connection with the staff? If not I can remove him.

Am intrigued by Costello. Miles didn't play him AT ALL during the last 1/2 dozen games even though the bench resembled a M*A*S*H unit. Meanwhile FH has him on the roster seemingly ahead of potentially Trueblood. ??

Also wondering if yesterday's rule allowing walk-ons to transfer immediately without having to sit a year may impact Jack Hoiberg from MSU?

23 minutes ago, Comish said:

Am intrigued by Costello. Miles didn't play him AT ALL during the last 1/2 dozen games even though the bench resembled a M*A*S*H unit. Meanwhile FH has him on the roster seemingly ahead of potentially Trueblood. ??

Also wondering if yesterday's rule allowing walk-ons to transfer immediately without having to sit a year may impact Jack Hoiberg from MSU?

The order of players I put was in random order. I really want Trueblood and Roby back, but I will understand if they both want to move on.

This roster needs some shooters and immediate help as soon as possible. I believe it makes sense to raid the transfer market-especially grad transfers because that will open up the roster for 2020 to get more transfers and high school players. We will for sure get two transfer players that have to sit and possibly three. But we need at minimum two grad transfers ready to go because we need bodies. A big man and a good shooter are what we need and all three of the grad transfers I have listed check those boxes.

Cam Mack is an electric playmaker and distributor which is what this offense needs. Right now we are at 8 scholarship players that leaves us with 5 remaining spots and we will also have to see if Roby goes through to the NBA or stays. 

12 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

The order of players I put was in random order. I really want Trueblood and Roby back, but I will understand if they both want to move on.

This roster needs some shooters and immediate help as soon as possible. I believe it makes sense to raid the transfer market-especially grad transfers because that will open up the roster for 2020 to get more transfers and high school players. We will for sure get two transfer players that have to sit and possibly three. But we need at minimum two grad transfers ready to go because we need bodies. A big man and a good shooter are what we need and all three of the grad transfers I have listed check those boxes.

Cam Mack is an electric playmaker and distributor which is what this offense needs. Right now we are at 8 scholarship players that leaves us with 5 remaining spots and we will also have to see if Roby goes through to the NBA or stays. 

I totally agree with all of that, I was just intrigued by the fact that Costello played not at all for Miles at the end and yet Fred still has him on the roster. I wasn't saying one was listed ahead of the other.

I also totally understand we need transfers and we need them NOW  to build this roster, so walk-ons will be a very small  input to what we expect to see on the floor by November

I am impressed by the number of guys we are in on and are scheduling visits  for this quickly. Now we need signatures!

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I really hope we can land this kid - trying to set up a visit

http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u16/2018/player/Yvan-Camille-Sagalba-Ouedraogo

Seems to play hard and not shy from contact. That being said, he reminds a bit of Jordy at times in terms of foot work-- gets a little "shuffle-happy" and gauges space by shoving his shoulder in to guys. The tape I saw made me think there isnt a lot of height in the league he was in, so he would have to get use to playing against guys who are 6'9-7'0 where he is giving up a few inches. He seems to only shoot layups/or bunnies. 

All of these things are me being hyper-critical and I assume the staff sees him as a project. I am a bit more apprehensive on guys who would take a schollie for 4 years but I dont pretend to be a great basketball mind.