Roster Outlook for The 2019-2020 Season

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Yep.  I think we will see a much more balanced roster before it's all said and done

From a class standpoint it is pretty balanced now.

Fr - Arop, Davis

So - Banton, Harris, Mack & possibly Heiman

Jr - Burke, Green & possibly Thor

Sr - Cheatham, Kavas & possibly Roby

5 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

From a class standpoint it is pretty balanced now.

Fr - Arop, Davis

So - Banton, Harris, Mack & possibly Heiman

Jr - Burke, Green & possibly Thor

Sr - Cheatham, Kavas & possibly Roby

I meant position wise and not having basically all Guards

Ok, there are many reports of players moving on. I will wait until it is official to change the roster because Amir Harris is not moving on as it has been stated. It makes sense to wait until the player officially announces in my opinion.

I added Piatowski to the roster and removed Trueblood. Every fan wants Johnny back but if he were coming back we would probably know by now. Hearing rumblings on Costello as well but I will leave him up there until further notice.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We better not be.  If my list is correct, we only are using 8 scholarships out of 13 (9 if Harris is staying).  And, we would only have three bench players including walk-ons.

Not sure what this would have to do with grad transfers.  They would be eligible to play this year.

10 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Ok, there are many reports of players moving on. I will wait until it is official to change the roster because Amir Harris is not moving on as it has been stated. It makes sense to wait until the player officially announces in my opinion.

I added Piatowski to the roster and removed Trueblood. Everyone wants Johnny back but if he were coming back we would probably know by now. Hearing rumblings on Costello as well but I will leave him up there until further notice.

On this week's Pick 6 Podcast, the OWH crew mentioned that Johnny expressed interest in coming back, but was told no by Hoiberg and staff.  So, it doesn't look like "everybody wants Johnny back".

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

On this week's Pick 6 Podcast, the OWH crew mentioned that Johnny expressed interest in coming back, but was told no by Hoiberg and staff.  So, it doesn't look like "everybody wants Johnny back".

I was talking about fans so I should have clarified there. I will edit my post because I can see the confusion. The staff doesn't want him back and so I removed him. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Do you think the mass exodus makes it less likely that Roby returns?

I think IR is gone - however I would say that the turnover and talent level that will be available next year will actually make his decision harder.  FH has a story to tell IR and it could be pretty enticing. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, if the tweet is true, we have the above.

Am I missing anyone?

So, right now we would have 3 bench players next year.

We need more players.

if 2 or 3 of those guys are gone - we will see 2 or 3 more transfers that are sit one year or immediately available

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Not sure what this would have to do with grad transfers.  They would be eligible to play this year.

Because grad transfers would be eligible....so we better not be done with them so we can have a full team next year. Otherwise, we start the season with only 3 on the bench with no injuries. 

I realky don’t feel like watching Nebraska play 4 guys after a few injuries. 

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

if 2 or 3 of those guys are gone - we will see 2 or 3 more transfers that are sit one year or immediately available

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

I could see us picking up another juco or hs (cross and/or the Frenchman)

10 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We are have another 6'6" G/F visiting this weekend.  I have a little concern about the lack of size.  Not counting Roby, we have 2 players over 6' 6" and one sitting out next year.

This is complete speculation on my part, but I think Hoiberg either has a big lined up for next year or feels really good about a transfer or juco- otherwise I don’t think he would have had the “conversation” he did with Heiman (I get he’s not a fit but that’s a different convo).

52 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

This is complete speculation on my part, but I think Hoiberg either has a big lined up for next year or feels really good about a transfer or juco- otherwise I don’t think he would have had the “conversation” he did with Heiman (I get he’s not a fit but that’s a different convo).

We are also in on two bigs in the 2019 cycle. Jayce Johnson would be a welcome addition because he is 7 feet tall.  If Cam Lard doesn't get drafted look for him to be a sit-down transfer we go after, I believe he is 6'9.