Roster Outlook for The 2019-2020 Season

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

it seems obvious that Hoiberg doesn't really care about the roster for next year.  He will have "his guys" get plenty of playing time and experience and look forward to 2-3 years down the road, and fill in the roster with "better" players for 2-3 years in the future.

I don't think there's anything "obvious" about next year. He's getting his players in place at the pace he's allowed, and I have great faith they will be at least competitive next year even with an entirely new roster. I do think, simply because of timing, that next year will be his toughest year, but I'd be genuinely surprised if he was "setteling" his first year while waiting for future players.

If (When?) Roby doesn't return, does that make Thor our post player?  He would be one of two players over 200 lbs with the other one being Green who's only 6' 3".  I know Arop played post in HS, but he's only 190 lbs & Kavas is 6' 8", but he's a 3 of the bench kind of player and also only weighs 200.

Just now, ECisGod said:

If (When?) Roby doesn't return, does that make Thor our post player?  He would be one of two players over 200 lbs with the other one being Green who's only 6' 3".  I know Arop played post in HS, but he's only 190 lbs & Kavas is 6' 8", but he's a 3 of the bench kind of player and also only weighs 200.

Yes and no.

With Hoibergs style, I dont think he is looking or needing a true post. He wants guys who are athletic and can run the court. We will still have some size and just ask those guys to be able to rebound.

That being said, we still have a major need for 6'9-7'0+ guys. 

7 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Yes and no.

With Hoibergs style, I dont think he is looking or needing a true post. He wants guys who are athletic and can run the court. We will still have some size and just ask those guys to be able to rebound.

That being said, we still have a major need for 6'9-7'0+ guys. 

Hoiberg likes his big guys to be 6'8 & 6'9" and athletic, but I think he knows that he will need some girth to play post D in the Big10.

10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hoiberg likes his big guys to be 6'8 & 6'9" and athletic, but I think he knows that he will need some girth to play post D in the Big10.

Like Roby, but so far he hasn't managed to get anyone like that.  Not saying he won't, but it could be interesting next year if he doesn't.