Roster Outlook for The 2019-2020 Season

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hoiberg likes his big guys to be 6'8 & 6'9" and athletic, but I think he knows that he will need some girth to play post D in the Big10.

That's going to be the interesting thing to see with Hoiberg in the Big 10.  He may be perfectly happy with his biggest player being 6'9" for offense.  But, put that on defense against the 7'+ players like what Purdue and others have......we better be able to score 100.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's going to be the interesting thing to see with Hoiberg in the Big 10.  He may be perfectly happy with his biggest player being 6'9" for offense.  But, put that on defense against the 7'+ players like what Purdue and others have......we better be able to score 100.  

Or have a lot of pressure on the ball.  I did not realize how light we are, as Green is the heaviest at 210.  It might take a year or 2 for Hoiberg to figure out what he needs to run his offense and compete with the bulk in the Big10.

10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Or have a lot of pressure on the ball.  I did not realize how light we are, as Green is the heaviest at 210.  It might take a year or 2 for Hoiberg to figure out what he needs to run his offense and compete with the bulk in the Big10.

Or run the piss out of them so much it takes the bigs out of the game.  But, that only works until the other team is successful in slowing down the pace.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Or run the piss out of them so much it takes the bigs out of the game.  But, that only works until the other team is successful in slowing down the pace.

Hard to run all the time when you only have 7 eligible scholarship players.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

With 5 available schollies,  I keep waiting for a surprise visitor or commit.

I kind of felt like we had a few guys ready to sign and had to make room hence being ok with losing Heiman, Karrington and Harris.

Now I have no idea... Not sure how close we are on the guys we have had visit and curious if we are just pushing for 2 years down the road.

Honestly, no idea what to think.

But we better start trying to fill roster slots or we will need to be throwing out Mavric on Stilts. 

• Haha 1