Bill Barr Assembles Team to Investigate Counterintel Probe Into Trump Campaign

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

To kind of get back on topic:  When (if) Horowitz comes back and says everything appeared to be on the up and up, how long will it take for people to scream that he is an "angry lib" and he should be investigated?

Ill go to conservative treehouse to find out and let you know.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

Dude,  

You have no clue.  I listened to him daily back then.  I was traveling for my sales job and had him on every day.  Interestingly, he started his national show in the late 80s and one of his main points was how horrible the MSM was and how HE was the only true source of accurate information on what those evil Democrats were doing.  

So, now you claim you haven't trusted the MSM since the late 80s.  So, pardon me if I don't believe you that Rush wasn't the one that convinced you of this.

It took me years to realize the total BS he was spewing.  Long after I had become a Fox News junky.

Sorry to see that you got corrupted by listening to the MSM.  Ronald Reagan was my many person who woke me up about the MSM and also how the MSM treated Bill and Hillary Clinton during his campaign against old man Bush.  They let him off the hook on his woman problem!

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Sorry to see that you got corrupted by listening to the MSM.  Ronald Reagan was my many person who woke me up about the MSM and also how the MSM treated Bill and Hillary Clinton during his campaign against old man Bush.  They let him off the hook on his woman problem!

Wait...Ummmm......so.......

You had a  problem with Clinton's "Woman problem" but yet you think Trump is awesome.

giphy.gif

Dude....your thought processes are amazing.

And...oh...yeah...I got corrupted because I didn't listen to Rush, Fox and Trump and allowed myself to listen to people they didn't endorse. 

I'm so ashamed.  

I'm here to warn you.  Do NOT listen to anything Rush, Fox and Trump tells you is fake.  It's poison.  They are the only people you should listen to because they will always tell you the truth.  

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

Hold on there friend.  Ronald Reagan would never had treated the press like Trump has treated the press.  Yes, there was an adversarial relationship just like the press wants to create an adversarial relationship with most politicians but Reagan knew the value of and the place the media held in our democracy.  I will grant you that the press in general favors the Dem side of the ledger as polling shows that the press is more liberal politically as a group then what the general population is.  However, like BRB, I have woken out of my Rush, FoxNews coma to see that what we call the MSM is not all bad and that it should not be cut off.  All news outlets have biases - it is reflected most by what they don't cover. It is our job to understand those biases and keep the good and through out the bad.  But to isolate one self just to a few conservative new sources is to create a bias silo in which it is difficult to climb out of - esp when truth shatters that bias. 

• Plus1 3

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....when you point out hypocrisy that Rush, Fox, Breitbart and Trump have spewed, you get an eye roll.

But you know - I think you and I could defend our conservative underpinnings as well as anyone on this board but the eye rollers would eye roll us because we aren't 'alt' right.   I believe those who say they were Reagan fans back in the day and claim to still be today while stating they fully embrace Trump never really knew Reagan. 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

But you know - I think you and I could defend our conservative underpinnings as well as anyone on this board but the eye rollers would eye roll us because we aren't 'alt' right.   I believe those who say they were Reagan fans back in the day and claim to still be today while stating they fully embrace Trump never really knew Reagan. 

We've said it before.  No way in hell would Reagan support Trump.

But, in some odd universe, so many people love both.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is all about changing history, changing the narrative in a way where they can paint their guy wt Reagan's mantel   Then Trump goes and says crazy things that paint him as 10 times greater than Reagan.  Trump has yet to accomplish anything of significance.  What would Trump done about the cold war?  We have an idea on how he bends over for Putin and other leaders.  No way he would have been forceful like Reagan was.   Trump's economy did not have to dig out of a hole like Reagan's did.    The guy is an imposture and he has no core values.  You can track Reagan's political underpinnings all the way back to his days as the Screen Actors Guild Union president.  You can watch him evolve into a conservative over the years 'when the democratic party left him'. Trump only became a conservative when Putin wanted him to run for the GOP nomination. 

• Plus1 1

On 4/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dear-republicans-stop-using-my-father-ronald-reagan-to-justify-your-silence-on-trump/2019/04/30/ed61c6de-6b50-11e9-8f44-e8d8bb1df986_story.html?utm_term=.9304e04dbc5a

In case you're not a subscriber and have used up your access - it's a letter to the Republican party.  There's lots of good stuff, here's two comments:

... You have claimed his legacy, exalted him as an icon of conservatism and used the quotes of his that serve your purpose at any given moment. Yet at this moment in America’s history when the democracy to which my father pledged himself and the Constitution that he swore to uphold, and did faithfully uphold, are being degraded and chipped away at by a sneering, irreverent man who traffics in bullying and dishonesty, you stay silent. ...

... So, to the Republican Party that holds tightly to my father’s legacy — if you are going to stand silent as America is dismantled and dismembered, as democracy is thrown onto the ash heap of yesterday, shame on you. But don’t use my father’s name on the way down.