Bill Barr Assembles Team to Investigate Counterintel Probe Into Trump Campaign

On 5/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Intelligence is done to better advise POTUS, something forgotten by Obama holdovers.  the President decides what is and isn't classified and if the officials don't like it they can resign and take it to CNN.

Sorry, I'm so sick and tired of this mantra.

The vast majority of these "Obama holdovers" worked tirelessly to keep this country safe under multiple Presidents because they don't have political allegiance in their job.  Trump has successfully convinced some Americans to disrespect and distrust our intelligence agencies while he sides with murderous dictators around the world.  

It completely baffles me how the Republican party members can be so brain washed by him.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Intelligence is done to better advise POTUS, something forgotten by Obama holdovers.  the President decides what is and isn't classified and if the officials don't like it they can resign and take it to CNN.

I'll take American Intelligence agencies over Putin every day of the week. 

• Plus1 3
On 5/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, BigRedBuster said:

This is the essence of why I was so frustrated with the mantra that Republicans took in the last election about supporting police.  I completely/100% support police that are doing their job right.  I don't support police that aren't.  However, Republicans acted like if you don't support police 100% no matter what.....then you're anti-American.  That's just wrong.  

I did find it interesting how a lot of Republicans suddenly decided that the FBI no longer counted as law enforcement when they began investigating Donald Trump & Co., and went on to throw the entire U.S. intelligence community under the bus as being stooges for the Democrats. 

Interesting too how it suddenly became anti-American to criticize Russia. 

• Plus1 2
On 5/25/2019 at 12:48 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

You do know that the President is famous for not even reading his daily intelligence briefings, delivered by people with years of expertise and varied political leanings. 

Donald Trump will, however, run with whatever unfounded conspiracy theory he saw on Breitbart, InfoWars, Fox & Friends and Twitter. He will directly contradict his own Secretary-of-State and National Security Advisor, sometimes countering a statement issued on behalf of the White House that morning with a personal tweet the same afternoon. The President has also blabbed classified secrets to foreign leaders -- including military maneuvers -- unaware that they were classified or just bragging because he's the commander in chief. It's hard to tell with this utter buffoon. 

There are plenty of conservatives and intelligence personnel who really hate seeing the profession derided this way, not to mention the actual danger to America. Please quit defending this proven f#&%-up with lazy references to Obama and CNN. 

• Plus1 8

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I did find it interesting how a lot of Republicans suddenly decided that the FBI no longer counted as law enforcement when they began investigating Donald Trump & Co., and went on to throw the entire U.S. intelligence community under the bus as being stooges for the Democrats. 

Interesting too how it suddenly became anti-American to criticize Russia. 

yes, some pretty Orwellian crab being thrown around. 

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You do know that the President is famous for not even reading his daily intelligence briefings, delivered by people with years of expertise and varied political leanings. 

Donald Trump will, however, run with whatever unfounded conspiracy theory he saw on Breitbart, InfoWars, Fox & Friends and Twitter. He will directly contradict his own Secretary-of-State and National Security Advisor, sometimes countering a statement issued on behalf of the White House that morning with a personal tweet the same afternoon. The President has also blabbed classified secrets to foreign leaders -- including military maneuvers -- unaware that they were classified or just bragging because he's the commander in chief. It's hard to tell with this utter buffoon. 

There are plenty of conservatives and intelligence personnel who really hate seeing the profession derided this way, not to mention the actual danger to America. Please quit defending this proven f#&%-up with lazy references to Obama and CNN. 

Spot on.  But in the Cult of Trump, they cannot see this. They don't see his buffoonness, his lack of restraint, common sense and general intelligence for the job.  Mesmerized by the MAGA mantra, they (Trump supporters) can only think on one frequency even when it is obvious to thinking Americans from Conservatives like me to liberals of all different stripes that Trump is a danger to our country.  He is paranoid, narcissistic and cannot be trusted - he will place himself and his brand first in all situations.  

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

you made a series of unspecific charges without citing and ant leg.  I couldn't tell you what part of it is false.  So I will file it next to emoluments and Russian collusion.

Well, when he tweets things moments after they are mentioned on Fox and Friends even though the contradict his own intelligence community........it's pretty easy to see Guy's post is fairly accurate. 

But, I guess you probably don't realize that when you're watching Fox and Friends right along with him and believing what they are saying.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

you made a series of unspecific charges without citing and ant leg.  I couldn't tell you what part of it is false.  So I will file it next to emoluments and Russian collusion.

I'll make it easy for you, Joe. 

Google "Donald Trump" 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, when he tweets things moments after they are mentioned on Fox and Friends even though the contradict his own intelligence community........it's pretty easy to see Guy's post is fairly accurate. 

But, I guess you probably don't realize that when you're watching Fox and Friends right along with him and believing what they are saying.

That's actually the opposite of what Guy alleged.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

How so?

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Donald Trump will, however, run with whatever unfounded conspiracy theory he saw on Breitbart, InfoWars, Fox & Friends and Twitter. He will directly contradict his own Secretary-of-State and National Security Advisor, sometimes countering a statement issued on behalf of the White House that morning with a personal tweet the same afternoon.

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No it's not.

Let's assume it will take me 5 to 10 minutes to pull up corroborating links from generally respected sources on everything I've alleged.

Is there any chance it would make you reconsider your defense of Donald Trump?  Because I could use those 5 minutes to do something else. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well, actually Guy went in both directions.  I read that Trump contradicts his own intelligence and also blabs about it.

How could that be both directions?  

You can have Trump contradict his own Secretary of State on Russia's intentions in Venezuela, as he did just a couple weeks ago, or Trump tweeting a totally different stance on North Korea than John Bolton issued just three days ago — Trump choosing to side with Chairman Kim instead. Tons more of those if you're interested.

You can also have Trump blabbing highly classified information on Syria to the Russian Ambassador and Foreign Minister, which infuriated Israel because it put their operatives at risk, or have him bragging about the nuclear subs he sent to North Korea in order to impress the President of the Philippines, which horrified the Pentagon, or even disclosing the location of a secret Navy Seal base when he publicized his own photo op. 

Why chose? It's lose/lose. 

• Plus1 4