Bill Barr Assembles Team to Investigate Counterintel Probe Into Trump Campaign

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well, actually Guy went in both directions.  I read that Trump contradicts his own intelligence and also blabs about it.

It's... really not that difficult to do both. You can tell people what information you've heard without actually believing it. It's really not that complicated. You can also tell people a small portion of the information you've heard that you believe, while not believing the rest. You have to try hard to believe he didn't or can't do both of these things.

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If the intelligence was leaked early in 2017  then they would know what it is.  Did ISIS win in Syria because Trump spilled the beans?  Has anyone figured out why Comey is worried about declassification is he has "nothing to hide?"

People who understand intelligence, classified information protocol, and international relations far better than you or I agree that -- at best -- it's not Donald Trump's strong suit, and at worst he's a clueless loudmouth and liability. Your open ended questions don't really deflect from that. 

Also, please don't assume that people who have issues with Donald Trump will rush to the defense of James Comey. 

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

People who understand intelligence, classified information protocol, and international relations far better than you or I agree that -- at best -- it's not Donald Trump's strong suit, and at worst he's a clueless loudmouth and liability. Your open ended questions don't really deflect from that. 

Also, please don't assume that people who have issues with Donald Trump will rush to the defense of James Comey. 

Trump has always used verbal jukes to confuse his enemies.  So posts that sound like "Trump just contradicted ________" are forgotten soon after reading. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump has always used verbal jukes to confuse his enemies.  So posts that sound like "Trump just contradicted ________" are forgotten soon after reading. 

Uhm....he's confusing his own Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, Press Secretary, and every other White House spokesperson he's appointed.

Are those his enemies?  Because they're the ones being thrown under the bus, not the media. 

Also "juke" infers agility and intent, and that's not likely the case here. 

• Plus1 5

Wherein BIll Barr says he doesn't care what the public thinks of him because he's going to be dead soon anyway.

This is an overarching problem within the GOP that allows them collectively to do so much damage: A collective inability to feel shame.

And that line about hyper-partisanship is a bunch of crap. He's criticized for his conduct, plain and simple.

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I had a horrible thought today - what if Mitch McConnell died unexpectantly while in office - how much would that change things?  Does anyone else have the same lack of ethics or norms that would be able to stay the course he's outlined?

I'll take "More of the Status Quo" for $800, Alex.

image.png.dc9b05f8622bc0ff7a2db0a426c61d42.png