Bill Barr Assembles Team to Investigate Counterintel Probe Into Trump Campaign

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Their actual work in the FBI aside, I'm not a fan of the public personas of Page and Comey. I know they are no longer working at the Bureau, but their tweets just kind of rub me the wrong way. Like they can be put into the "angry liberal" category or something. I wish they would remain above the frey and not post things like the snarky last sentence.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Their actual work in the FBI aside, I'm not a fan of the public personas of Page and Comey. I know they are no longer working at the Bureau, but their tweets just kind of rub me the wrong way. Like they can be put into the "angry liberal" category or something. I wish they would remain above the frey and not post things like the snarky last sentence.

So...when they are publicly ridiculed, demonized and blatantly lied about constantly by the President, Republicans and their media outlets they are supposed to just shut up and take it. 

• Plus1 2

I think Comey definitely should be speaking out against the president as much as possible. He has as much or more responsibility as anyone else in trying to bring down Trump, since has so much culpability in him getting elected in the first place.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...when they are publicly ridiculed, demonized and blatantly lied about constantly by the President, Republicans and their media outlets they are supposed to just shut up and take it. 

I never said that, but when team Trump goes low they should stay high. That's all I'm suggesting. Being bitter, snarky, or coming off as condescending is exactly what they want. It plays to the base, just like they can use the sound bites about Barron Trump.

I know they are no longer in the professional ranks of government, but they should still act like it. Even if their tormentor doesn't.

47 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I never said that, but when team Trump goes low they should stay high. That's all I'm suggesting. Being bitter, snarky, or coming off as condescending is exactly what they want. It plays to the base, just like they can use the sound bites about Barron Trump.

I know they are no longer in the professional ranks of government, but they should still act like it. Even if their tormentor doesn't.

Has that worked thus far? Why should they do that? Everything plays to their base it doesn't matter what you do they will either just insult you while you aren't hitting back or cry when you punch them in the mouth. I'd rather give em a shot in the mouth.

• Fire 1

Barr is, of course, acting in bad faith himself.

That Trump has never revealed his finances despite multiple business failures and years of being in the red is troubling in itself.

That Trump has ties with Russian mobsters going back to the 1980s is concerning.

That Trump has a personal relationship with Vladimir Putin is of huge concern.

That Trump has met with Putin, alone, multiple times before and after the election should be downright alarming.

It would be a complete abrogation of their duty if our intelligence services were NOT investigating Trump.

No American president should have this kind of contact with Moscow

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Good lord that Barr interview was alarming.   

I just hear Rush say Barr was courageous to sound alarm against the deep state. He said Barr is fighting the interest of those who want to unelect Trump but also over turn Brixit, open boarders world wide, etc, etc.  :facepalm:    The GOP has become nothing but one big conspiracy, fear driven entity.  It is in a totally different universe - outside of reality. 

When they cannot see the obvious infractions of Trump in Ukraine (not to mention all of the Trump/Russia stuff Knapp brings up in the post above) and his obvious Obstruction of Congress, it is clear they are in a brainwashed cult.  All of this fear mongering and conspiracy talk is cult like. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1