Bill Barr Assembles Team to Investigate Counterintel Probe Into Trump Campaign

17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What a childish a-hole.  Paraphrased: "I don't know if it is true but I'm going to repeat the lies because it helps me to look better and I can satisfy my inner child by saying something revengeful.  I know my senate friends will protect me so I can slander anyone I want to."

Honestly, the fact we have a president who repeatedly demeans and berates American citizens should be enough on its own to know we need to vote him out.

Did Obama ever repeatedly slime fellow Americans? I mean, disagree on politics - yes. Call people/orgs out for such disagreement - yep. But he was always civil. And he never publicly mocked people the way this clown does.

He still doesn't understand he's supposed to be president of everyone.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

He still doesn't understand he's supposed to be president of everyone.

that is because he is a narcissistic child  - who must put down anyone who disagrees with him less his snowflake self image be shattered. :Frosty:    He calls out people he has appointed to the office as he did yesterday - calling out FBI director Wray over the inspector general's report.   He was proud of his cabinet of generals until the generals disagreed with him - now there are no generals in those cabinet posts.  ARTICLE 25 Amendment 4 should have been enacted a long time ago due to his psycho issues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-fbi-director-in-wake-of-inspector-generals-report/2019/12/10/db3a3006-1b48-11ea-b4c1-fd0d91b60d9e_story.html

• Plus1 1
Just now, TGHusker said:

that is because he is a narcissistic child  - who must put down anyone who disagrees with him less his snowflake self image be shattered. :Frosty:    He calls out people he has appointed to the office as he did yesterday - calling out FBI director Wray over the inspector general's report.   He was proud of his cabinet of generals until the generals disagreed with him - now there are no generals in those cabinet posts.  ARTICLE 25 Amendment 4 should have been enacted a long time ago due to his psycho issues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-fbi-director-in-wake-of-inspector-generals-report/2019/12/10/db3a3006-1b48-11ea-b4c1-fd0d91b60d9e_story.html

Trump's personal failings aside, what's more sad is to see how fully the GOP has acquiesced to his conduct. They were way more morally bankrupt and power hungry than anyone could've possibly imagined.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...when this happens, she is just supposed to shut up and take it?

Did I say that? No.

I said maintain the high road. I'm fine with them setting the record straight, but there is zero reason to let Trump drag us all down to his level. #SAD, "I guess they read the report",  and other Trumpism are juvenile and unproductive. Yeah they're funny, but these people are supposed to be professional and need to maintain that standard. We've let our norms erode too far.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Trump's personal failings aside, what's more sad is to see how fully the GOP has acquiesced to his conduct. They were way more morally bankrupt and power hungry than anyone could've possibly imagined.

Very true - party loyalty before duty has been revealed them for what they are as they back this awful president.

57 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Did I say that? No.

I said maintain the high road. I'm fine with them setting the record straight, but there is zero reason to let Trump drag us all down to his level. #SAD, "I guess they read the report",  and other Trumpism are juvenile and unproductive. Yeah they're funny, but these people are supposed to be professional and need to maintain that standard. We've let our norms erode too far.

On a semi-related note, I saw this tweet from Radio Free Tom yesterday and it got me thinking:

I fear that Americans are becoming too apathetic, too tribal and potentially too ignorant to seriously deal with politics. Other facts aside, that is a lot of how we elect someone like Trump president and how some people honestly expected him to do a good job.

Americans largely don't seem to have the attention spans or stomachs to seriously grasp policy and big political issues. They want things spoonfed to them in easy to digest soundbites and info that reinforces the pre-existing beliefs.

I fear for the future. Seems increasingly likely to me we'll go full idiot and give Trump another 4 years.

• Thanks 2

Again, here is another example of Trump acting like the low life that he is.

He mocks the security guards because they were 'politically correct' in not touching the female protestor at his rally.  He'd preferred that they get over quickly even if meant roughing her up.

I like this comment  by one poster after the article:

In the campaign leading up to the election of 2008, John McCain was faced with a similar protester. As I'm sure most of you can guess (or remember), McCain handled it very differently.

Security people began to hustle the protester out when McCain stopped them. Words to the effect: "No! Leave him alone! Sir, I understand you disagree. Please, keep your seat and pay attention and I'll do my best to change your mind. But, even if I don't, you're welcome here. God Bless America where we can disagree."

The crowd stood and cheered. John McCain: A republican with class. I miss those days.

Yes, I miss those days too.   In the end, tRump is too much of a :Frosty: to be like John McCain.  His mental condition  couldn't take the stress of having the  presence of protestors at his rally.

In listing to the crowd at the TRump rally, it is easy to see how they could be motivated to riot on

Trump's word.  Of Trump's staunchest supporters, I think Hillary was correct in the end if you know what I mean.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-protester-politically-correct-084917149.html

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I fear for the future. Seems increasingly likely to me we'll go full idiot and give Trump another 4 years.

I think this is very possible unless PA, Wisc  and Mich and hopefully Florida 'repent' and vote for an ethical candidate this time around.   All   were very close - if the Dems can flip 2 of them, good chance there won't be 4 more years.

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He mocks the security guards because they were 'politically correct' in not touching the female protestor at his rally.  He'd preferred that they get over quickly even if meant roughing her up.

Yes, I miss those days too.   In the end, tRump is too much of a :Frosty: to be like John McCain.  His mental condition  couldn't take the stress of having the  presence of protestors at his rally.

In listing to the crowd at the TRump rally, it is easy to see how they could be motivated to riot on

Trump's word.  Of Trump's staunchest supporters, I think Hillary was correct in the end if you know what I mean.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-protester-politically-correct-084917149.html

Trump will never come anywhere close to be the gentleman nor the devoted American that McCain was.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure why that provoked a laughing face.  You can disagree with someone on policies and still respect them as an American and gentleman.  

Well....unless you're Trump or one of his supporters.

Kind of  ... well   deplorable don't you think!

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure why that provoked a laughing face.  You can disagree with someone on policies and still respect them as an American and gentleman.  

Well....unless you're Trump or one of his supporters.

McCain was a good person, but he also fell victim to party politics like everyone else. Let's not forget Palin... I did vote for him though. I would be elated if he could be president right now, he was a thoughtful politicians and far from an empty suit.

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

McCain is the one I think of to delineate today's Republicans from the old guard ones.

McCain, though I rarely ever agreed with his politics, was a good man. And a national hero who displayed his grace and guts under the bleakest of conditions.

That video of him correcting his own supporter at his OWN rally to defend his opponent from an ugly, ignorant, nativist attack - that always symbolized McCain's character for me.

Can you imagine ANY Republican doing that today? I can't. I just imagine them egging them on and laughing about their shared vitriol.

Heck, the president is now the one launching the ugly, ignorant, nativist attacks.

• Plus1 1