Bill Barr Assembles Team to Investigate Counterintel Probe Into Trump Campaign

4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

So.... what's the group's take on the IG report? All still well with the intelligence agencies? 

Are they perfect (Something no one ever claimed)?: no

Are they deep state operatives picking and choosing Election winners (something claimed by POTUS who ironically won the election)?: also no

• Plus1 4

So what I'm gathering is that most of the ppl on this board read Horowitz's opinion that there was no political bias in opening the investigation and that opening it was properly predicated, then probably stopped reading. 

The reason I say "opinion" is because the scope of his investigation was very limited. Also during the hearing, he was very clear that his judgment of "no political bias" applied ONLY to the opening of the investigation (which requires a low threshold from the sounds of it) but would not say the same about the FISA process. 

Soooo yeah... Horowitz wrote his report in a very modest manner, but there will be some SERIOUS indictments of federal agents that result from this (or there should be). This whole scandal is a giant stain on both the FBI and the FISA courts, and pretty much obliterates any credibility that MSM had left (if they had any).

11 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

So what I'm gathering is that most of the ppl on this board read Horowitz's opinion that there was no political bias in opening the investigation and that opening it was properly predicated, then probably stopped reading. 

The reason I say "opinion" is because the scope of his investigation was very limited. Also during the hearing, he was very clear that his judgment of "no political bias" applied ONLY to the opening of the investigation (which requires a low threshold from the sounds of it) but would not say the same about the FISA process. 

Soooo yeah... Horowitz wrote his report in a very modest manner, but there will be some SERIOUS indictments of federal agents that result from this (or there should be). This whole scandal is a giant stain on both the FBI and the FISA courts, and pretty much obliterates any credibility that MSM had left (if they had any).

the alt right and left medias refer to the actual news as the MSM.   i wonder why they do that and why you do also?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Everyone is definitely lying - that should be irrefutably clear to everyone by now. Open your eyes man...

Any response to the substance of the actual discussion? 

Did you watch the hearing?!

what difference does it make if anyone watched the hearing.  according to you everyone is lying.  open your eyes man.

• Haha 1

Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

So no substance then, got it

you are the one who claims "everyone is lying".   so how can you know anything if "everyone is lying"?  to you and trump the only truth is what you want the truth to be.   everyone else is lying.   forgive me if i don't want to go down your path and accept that there is no truth out there.  that is the path putin wants us to be on.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, commando said:

you are the one who claims "everyone is lying".   so how can you know anything if "everyone is lying"?  to you and trump the only truth is what you want the truth to be.   everyone else is lying.   forgive me if i don't want to go down your path and accept that there is no truth out there.  that is the path putin wants us to be on.

Who said there's no truth? In most all cases, there's a very objective truth that's sometimes very complex and nuanced - not black and white like people want it to be. But you won't find much if any truth telling by watching or reading CNN, MSNBC, Vox, NPR, Fox News, etc...

And the hearing with Horowitz was the legal questioning of a respectable inspector general on his thorough and damning investigation. I watched the CBS News feed which typically leans left, but even they admitted during breaks that the findings of the IG were pretty horrendous. 

16 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I watched the CBS News feed which typically leans left, but even they admitted during breaks that the findings of the IG were pretty horrendous. 

Any clips or articles you can reference? Sounds like more right wing propaganda 2 me. Everywhere that isn't FOX has been reporting the Horowitz report is far from horrendous.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump.

What's happening with this investigation?

How will it rank with Donald Trump's investigation into Obama's birth certificate, in which he said he had enlisted "the best investigators" who had come up with some "really amazing stuff"?

Or Trump's claim that 3 million people had voted illegally in the 2016 election — which would have been a huge miscarriage of democracy demanding investigation of the highest order. (Also, interestingly enough, the same number by which Hillary Clinton won the general election, surely a coincidence.)

Or will we shift our attention to yesterday's killing of three Americans in an attack by an al-Qaeda-linked group at a U.S. military base in Kenya, demanding a non-stop investigation of key administration figures using the Benghazi! model?   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2