Huskers Land Graduate Transfer Haanif Cheatham From Florida Gulf Coast University

6-5, 195 lb Guard

76th player overall per 247 coming out of high school.

Big East All-Freshman team at Marquette - named Marquette's best defensive player that year.  Started all 33 games

Started 25 of 32 games as a soph at Marquette and was again named their best defensive player.

Played in five games as a junior before transferring to FGCU

Played in 10 games at FGCU last year before getting hurt.  Averaged 13 points, 4.8 boards, 1.9 assists, 1.2 steals in 27 minutes.  

• Plus1 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/by-transferring-to-nebraska-haanif-cheatham-made-the-best-choice/article_38bf6ff6-5cba-5dd7-9ac5-b5a11e8d6fd7.html

Nebraska will be the third and final stop for Haanif Cheatham.

The graduate transfer announced on April 20 that he’ll close out his college career in Lincoln. And because he only has one season left to play, finding the perfect fit was pivotal.

He got everything he wanted at Nebraska.

“It wasn’t something I was going up there knowing I was going to commit,” Cheatham said Monday during an appearance on “The Bottom Line.” “But as soon as I went up there, I saw the opportunity that was available. And as a grad year student, that’s what you want, somewhere that’s available where you can have a major impact right away, and I felt Nebraska was the place.”

Cheatham began his career at Marquette and spent last season at Florida Gulf Coast, averaging 13.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists. His season was limited to only 10 games, though, because of a shoulder injury.

He says he’s 100 percent healthy now, and looks forward to arriving in July.

“I’m gonna enjoy my time in Lincoln and we’re going to win big-time games,” Cheatham said.

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...