SIGNED - WR Janiran Bonner

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

5 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bonner commit?

• Nebraska
    • South Carolina
    • Baylor

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

feel like we've been saying that for 3 yrs now and then they trot out 2 walk-ons and some guy with a nagging injury.

Yep, Nebraska seems to be the only team in the Big Ten that confuses intramural flag football rosters with tackle football rosters when it comes to the WR core. 

• Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - WR Janiran Bonner
  • Mavric pinned this topic

Pernell ranks the recruits as noted below.  My thinking is that Anthony Grant could move up a spot or two.  

What I have seen on film on Ajay Allen would make me consider him as # 1.  He could be a game changer for us if Whip's offense gets him the ball often enough. 

I think he and Grant will be in contention for the starting spot at RB.   Torres, being injured, is a somewhat unknown on how he will pan out and I can understand the lower ranking. Decoldest Crawford has the best name.   What gives me great concern is the OL- 1 signee.  Yes, we have some from the portal but that doesn't build the pipeline long term.

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/recruiting/jeremy-pernell-ranking-nebraska-footballs-2022-recruits

Ranking the signees

1. Jaeden Gould (Defensive Back) Somerset, New Jersey
  2. Janiran Bonner (Wide Receiver) Ellenwood, Georgia
  3. Ajay Allen (Running Back) Monroe, Louisiana
  4. Victor Jones Jr. (Wide Receiver) Orlando, Florida
  5. Decoldest Crawford (Wide Receiver) Shreveport, Louisiana
  6. Anthony Grant (Running Back) Buford, Georgia
  7. Jalil Martin (Defensive Back) Chicago, Illinois
  8. Ernest Hausmann (Linebacker) Columbus, Nebraska
  9. Javier Morton (Defensive Back) Atlanta, Georgia
  10. Jake Appleget (Linebacker) Lincoln, Nebraska
  11. Malcolm Hartzog (Defensive Back) Silver Creek, Mississippi
  12. DeShon Singleton (Defensive Back) Amite, Louisiana
  13. Emmett Johnson (Running Back) Minneapolis, Minnesota
  14. Gage Stenger (Linebacker) Omaha, Nebraska
  15. Richard Torres (Quarterback) San Antonio, Texas
  16. Brodie Tagaloa (Defensive Line) Pittsburg, California
  17. Chase Androff (Tight End) Lakeville, Minnesota
  18. Justin Evans-Jenkins (Offensive Line) East Orange, New Jersey 
On 2/2/2022 at 4:03 PM, Xmas32 said:

Yep, Nebraska seems to be the only team in the Big Ten that confuses intramural flag football rosters with tackle football rosters when it comes to the WR core. 

Based on the recruiting additions, you’d think the lines are already full.  But seems most watchers see the line of scrimmage as the weakest link.  I know the coaches were looking / fishing but didn’t catch much.  Frost seemed fairly comfortable with the O line room as is.  I hope it’s better than it’s been last few years.  Maybe it will be.  There could still be another fish or two in the pond. If we got 2 of each by spring, I’d feel a whole lot more hopeful for the next couple years.  
There are some keepers in this year’s haul imo.  If the QB spot is a nice upgrade, the kickers pan out, and the lines improve, 2021 will be a bowl game team.  Big ‘if’s’ I realize but it’s not all bad considering a 3-9 record and lots of coaching turmoil.  There could be some more departures that could really hurt too.  But, the lines excepted, this could be Frost’s best class. Amazingly!!   

• 2 months later...