2019 PF Yvan Ouedraogo [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Yvon is 17 and will probably continue to grow.  This kid could be a special impact player.   I'm guessing he would be a 4 star if playing in the US!

Thats what people said about Tai Webster. Tai obviously figured it out, but I think the biggest thing is the learning curve from International ball to USA ball. Also he is very young.

That being said, he has some nice size. I hope we have plans to let someone else get major minutes and let him slowly work his way in. 

Could be a good player, but I look at him as a project.

27 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Thats what people said about Tai Webster. Tai obviously figured it out, but I think the biggest thing is the learning curve from International ball to USA ball. Also he is very young.

That being said, he has some nice size. I hope we have plans to let someone else get major minutes and let him slowly work his way in. 

Could be a good player, but I look at him as a project.

I've always questioned international guards and we seen very little development under Miles.  This kid is big and looks like a man at the age of 17.

3 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I've always questioned international guards and we seen very little development under Miles.  This kid is big and looks like a man at the age of 17.

Very valid point about Miles vs. Hoiberg.

I think Miles struggled a bit with growing players and I think Hoiberg can.

Still, not going to get too hyped up and think we need to give this kid with all the measurable's enough time to grow. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:27 AM, Mavric said:

Didn't travel with the team in Europe because he didn't have his visa papers finalized. 

Supposed to be in Lincoln soon - maybe this weekend - and is already enrolled so he should be good to go when he gets here.

Good update. I think Yvan is the highest potential of the bigs on the roster