Big Ten Previews, Outlook, Predictions 2019-20

https://theathletic.com/938725/2019/04/24/way-too-early-big-ten-rankings-for-2019-20-can-anyone-challenge-the-spartans/

Doing a lot of rebuilding 

14. Nebraska

Fred Hoiberg takes over for Tim Miles at Nebraska and is greeted by a massive recruiting project at a program that seemed to be just starting to gain its footing. The Cornhuskers, ravaged by injuries all season, will lose their top three scorers in James Palmer Jr., Glynn Watson and Isaac Copeland, and they can lose a fourth in Isaiah Roby if he decides to stay in the NBA Draft. Forward Tanner Borchardt and guard (and Big Ten tournament legend) Johnny Trueblood are also gone, so Hoiberg will be cobbling together his first roster out of transfers.

25 minutes ago, Big red surfers said:

I can see a year that resembles what the football team did last year. Early growing pains then come on late.  Not holding out for much this upcoming year. I’m really looking forward to 2020

Less moving parts in basketball and one player can make you a good team.  Look at Texas Tech, 2 transfers got them to the finals.  We need more than 2, so I will wait to see what he puts together before making any predictions.  Right now, our back court looks good and the addition of Cam would make it really good.  Johnson would also sweeten the pot.

BT Powerhouse has them 14 too.

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2019/4/11/18292605/way-too-early-2019-20-big-ten-basketball-power-rankings-predictions-standings-michigan-state-purdue

To be honest, it’s pretty hard to get any sort of gauge of this team at the moment. The Huskers are basically losing the team’s entire starting lineup and a few other top contributors. Tanner Borchardt, Isaac Copeland, James Palmer, and Glynn Watson are all graduating, Isaiah Roby declared for the NBA Draft, and Thomas Allen already transferred from the program. By total minutes, those were the top seven players on the roster last season.

7 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

At this point in time, I would probably have to put them at 14 too.  We have absolutely no clue what this team is going to be next season.

It's kind of exciting as a fan.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this point in time, I would probably have to put them at 14 too.  We have absolutely no clue what this team is going to be next season.

It's kind of exciting as a fan.

Exciting & frustrating.  At this point I want to know what the team is going to look like.  I'm ready for the season to start.