Congressial Investigations on Trump - Post Mueller

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, she dug the grave and threw him in it.  Shovel the dirt- he has no credibility. 

The GOP softball questions just are maddening

I was upset with her initially because she started on a diatribe, but her questions were fantastic.  I have a big girl crush on Maisie.

I was (overall) impressed by the Dem's line of questioning today.  Admittedly I missed some, but what I did hear leads me to believe they were well coordinated - probably thought Booker talked circles with nothing accomplished.  

There's no way he's showing up tomorrow to face the House.  And he certainly won't face a career lawyer asking questions at the end as they have planned.

15 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Glad that's all done.  This is how I talk to my children when they argue with each other and I have to try and mediate.

Poor Lindsey - It has to be evident to him that Barr's head was delivered on a platter today and he isn't going to have any other Trump defenders  on the stand to be taken to the woodshed and shown to be the village idiot like Barr was.   If you can't defend the indefensible, you close down any need to defend it.

• Plus1 2

Barr decides he's not going to show tomorrow.

Remember that time that Congress really wanted to grill Hillary over Benghazi, for like 7 hours, but she never showed up?

Yeah, neither do I. Because she had the testes to show up.

There's no excuse to not hold this smarmy little sh#tgoblin in contempt of Congress, now.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

You can eyeroll all you want, but Barr lacks the testicular fortitude of Hillary Clinton. Graham might as well be Trump's footstool at this point. Both have sold their souls and their integrity in service of someone awful.

We've come a long way since Republicans were outraged by Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac. I guess lawlessness is just fine as long as it helps their guy.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

This is entering dangerous constitutional territory. "I can ignore the law because I don't like it" isn't allowed for anyone else in America, why should it fly for the president and his cronies?

They're just going to continue pushing further and further down this road, seeing how far they can get. It's horrible for our democracy.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

This is entering dangerous constitutional territory. "I can ignore the law because I don't like it" isn't allowed for anyone else in America, why should it fly for the president and his cronies?

They're just going to continue pushing further and further down this road, seeing how far they can get. It's horrible for our democracy.

So it eventually ends up in the SC.  5-4 in Trump's favor most likely unless one of the conservative judges looks beyond politics.  Trump has nothing to lose. He can then make it a campaign issue and make the Dems to look like devils with pitch forks --- all while he destroys our system of check and balances.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So it eventually ends up in the SC.  5-4 in Trump's favor most likely unless one of the conservative judges looks beyond politics.  Trump has nothing to lose. He can then make it a campaign issue and make the Dems to look like devils with pitch forks --- all while he destroys our system of check and balances.

John Roberts seems sane. But Ginsberg can’t die yet. 

8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't politically popular.

Dems seem determined to hold off on impeachment, make Trump as toxic as possible and hope we vote him out next year. If we get rid of Trump it's looking like it's going to be at the ballot box

I think Trump certainly deserves to be impeached but I agree with the Dems decision on holding off on impeachment.  Based on what is known now, there is no way the Senate would vote to convict so the only thing impeachment would accomplish is helping him win the 2020 election.

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, Lil' Red said:

I think Trump certainly deserves to be impeached but I agree with the Dems decision on holding off on impeachment.  Based on what is known now, there is no way the Senate would vote to convict so the only thing impeachment would accomplish is helping him win the 2020. 

I'm with you, but I'm torn.

The pragmatist in me says we'll vote him out next year.

The pessimist in me realizes this sends the messages that nothing is impeachable as you have a majority in the Senate. Which encourages bad behavior.

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm with you, but I'm torn.

The pragmatist in me says we'll vote him out next year.

The pessimist in me realizes this sends the messages that nothing is impeachable as you have a majority in the Senate. Which encourages bad behavior.

That's where I am too.

Vote him out, yes we can do that. But we will need Dr. Frankenstein and a bolt of lightning to somehow revive dead concepts such as checks and balances, and civility. So much damage to be repaired, and if we have a congress who is unable/unwilling to impeach, even against insurmountable odds, I don't know what that says about the future.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Ulty said:

That's where I am too.

Vote him out, yes we can do that. But we will need Dr. Frankenstein and a bolt of lightning to somehow revive dead concepts such as checks and balances, and civility. So much damage to be repaired, and if we have a congress who is unable/unwilling to impeach, even against insurmountable odds, I don't know what that says about the future.

It says everything about the absolute moral rot and utter corruption of the GOP. This is a party that cares far more about maintaining power than doing what's best for America. For that, they have to be systematically dismantled and rebuild at the ballot box. The current crop is no good.

The fish rots from the head down. There are the overt villains, like Trump and McConnell and Barr and DeVos. Then there's the whole crew of people who just go along to get along and benefit from the corruption for their own gain. The Paul Ryan's and Ben Sasse's of the world. The grifters who think it's good enough to just do their job and ignore the noise but lack the moral courage or backbone to tell the truth about the steady degradation of the soul of their party and the damage it's doing.

None of it is okay and none of them should get a pass. The only solution is to wipe the party out at the ballot box and send them off into the wilderness to recalibrate for a good long while, or things are only going to continue to get worse.

• Plus1 5