Congressial Investigations on Trump - Post Mueller

16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It says everything about the absolute moral rot and utter corruption of the GOP. This is a party that cares far more about maintaining power than doing what's best for America. For that, they have to be systematically dismantled and rebuild at the ballot box. The current crop is no good.

The fish rots from the head down. There are the overt villains, like Trump and McConnell and Barr and DeVos. Then there's the whole crew of people who just go along to get along and benefit from the corruption for their own gain. The Paul Ryan's and Ben Sasse's of the world. The grifters who think it's good enough to just do their job and ignore the noise but lack the moral courage or backbone to tell the truth about the steady degradation of the soul of their party and the damage it's doing.

None of it is okay and none of them should get a pass. The only solution is to wipe the party out at the ballot box and send them off into the wilderness to recalibrate for a good long while, or things are only going to continue to get worse.

Unfortunately they're good at manipulating voters.

• Plus1 1

The rumors about Lindsay's sexuality are pretty well known.  I'm sure as a southerner of his generation that's tough, and its even tougher to come out as a senior citizen.  So I think that's part of what they're holding over him.

On a second related note, if you were homosexual is there a chance in hell you'd work for a company that actively tries to work against gays?  Would you go into work every day and tow the company line and kiss the boss' a$$ if they were so openly disrespecting you and your lifestyle, closeted or not?  

I just don't get it.

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Does anybody know if an AG has been held in contempt before?

Should be fun to watch Donny's rants today.  I'm betting his "nobody should testify" line gets amped up even more.

edit:  nvmd - looks like Holder was the first.

Here's a typical article that just leaves me shaking my head.  The headline is:

Pelosi Sang Different Tune When AG Holder Was Held in Contempt

The problem I have is the fact the article is only calling out Pelosi for "singing a different tune".  Ummm....their's two sides to that coin.  If the Republicans defend Barr, they are no better than Pelosi and the Dems.

Here's actually the part that I was looking for when my google search found me this article.

That was on June 28, 2012, when the House voted by 255-to-67 (including 17 Democrats in favor and two Republicans against) to hold Barack Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal contempt for failure to turn over documents related to the notorious “Operation Fast and Furious” (a move by the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Bureau to permit sales of guns to criminals across the Mexican border in the hope it would lead to the capture of drug cartel leaders).

It will be interesting to see how split this vote will be along party lines.

• Thanks 2

This entire thing is going to go one of two ways.

a)  The Republicans are going to be successful in stalling, fighting, lying....to keep Trump's tax returns private, Mueller from testifying, and the truth to come out around the edges of the report.

Or,

b)  These items will eventually be released after a lengthy fight, everyone is going to see what they're trying to keep hidden and all hell is going to break loose.

If "a" happens, it's eventually going to be a nightmare for Republicans down the road.  They will be in a  situation where they, rightfully so, demand something be released or unveiled about a Democratic President.  Well...idiots......YOU set your own precedent.  YOU have set the precedent that a sitting President is beyond the arm of the law.  YOU have set the precedent that he/she can completely ignore demands from congress pertaining to oversight.  

What an unmitigated cluster f***.

I am becoming more and more and more convinced that McConnell, Barr, Lindsey, Kellyanne, Sanders.....etc all know exactly what will happen if the secrets are let out.....and it would NOT be good for them.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Evan is spot on.   We got a mess wt the tax returns, the Mueller report -- Trump's personal attorney, Barr, is protecting him while hurting the nation.   So, how long can the GOP hold out.  Let's say they hold out until the elections - even if Trump wins, it is doubtful that the GOP retakes the House and perhaps likely they loose the Senate.  Then we will have a full scale crisis on hand wt the Dems holding the House and the Senate.  Articles of Impeachment would surely happen within 60 days at that point - then everything will be exposed and the GOP will be exposed as protecting a criminal enterprise.  Maybe GOP leaders think Trump may loose and the whole thing will just be dropped (delusional :blink:) or maybe they think Trump will win in a landslide and public opinion will shield the president(delusional x 2 :blink::blink:), or maybe they just think they can wear the Dems and the public down and everyone will give up trying

(delusional x 3 :blink::blink::blink:)  Regardless, this isn't going away.  Win or loose in 2020 - Trump will eventually have to face the music :band

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This entire thing is going to go one of two ways.

a)  The Republicans are going to be successful in stalling, fighting, lying....to keep Trump's tax returns private, Mueller from testifying, and the truth to come out around the edges of the report.

Or,

b)  These items will eventually be released after a lengthy fight, everyone is going to see what they're trying to keep hidden and all hell is going to break loose.

If "a" happens, it's eventually going to be a nightmare for Republicans down the road.  They will be in a  situation where they, rightfully so, demand something be released or unveiled about a Democratic President.  Well...idiots......YOU set your own precedent.  YOU have set the precedent that a sitting President is beyond the arm of the law.  YOU have set the precedent that he/she can completely ignore demands from congress pertaining to oversight.  

What an unmitigated cluster f***.

I am becoming more and more and more convinced that McConnell, Barr, Lindsey.....etc all know exactly what will happen if the secrets are let out.....and it would NOT be good for them.

c) They never comply with anything, Trump loses the election but stays in power, we become something no longer resembling a democracy. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Maybe GOP leaders think Trump may loose and the whole thing will just be dropped (delusional :blink:)

If they think this will be dropped with a Democrat President and (probably) a Democrat congress.....oh baby.....they got another thing com'n.  

If it's not clear....at that point, Trump would NOT be a sitting President for that farce to fall back on.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

If they think this will be dropped with a Democrat President and (probably) a Democrat congress.....oh baby.....they got another thing com'n.  

If it's not clear....at that point, Trump would NOT be a sitting President for that farce to fall back on.

That's when the GOP will turn on Trump to save their own hides. And the hypocrisy of Sasse and the like will be small potatoes compared to the about-face McConnell and Graham will attempt.