Congressial Investigations on Trump - Post Mueller

29 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You're right. It's not conclusive proof. But if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck...

You're right. The important thing is this was reported and the appropriate people can investigate. Deutsche Bank has a history of Russian money laundering, as you said, and that's a huge red flag. I don't know why execs waved away concerns of an anti-money laundering expert but it seems shady as hell.

It's not really at all surprising Trump is fighting tooth and nail to keep his financials private given this context, is it?

I’m pretty sure Trump, Duetsche bank, and all other people involved are part of a “deep state” aimed at using their wealth to control govt and the media.  Thank God for noble outlets like MSNBC and “The Young Turks” for being brave enough to speak beyond the assigned talking points.  

Someday, if you’re lucky, you’ll see the light!!!!!!!!

Trump: "I don't do cover-ups".   Conway counters with the posting of Trump's cover-up hush money check.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-conway-mocks-trump-on-coverups-by-tweeting-stormy-daniels-payment-check-182745558.html

Prominent Trump critic George Conway on Thursday posted a picture of President Trump’s $35,000 check to his former lawyer Michael Cohen, along with a quote from Trump’s Wednesday press conference: “I don’t do cover-ups.”

Cohen has testified that the check was partial reimbursement for the $130,000 he paid actress Stormy Daniels as hush money to cover up a sexual encounter she says she had with Trump. The money changed hands shortly before the 2016 election and was part of the evidence in Cohen’s plea deal with federal prosecutors that resulted in his prison sentence. Cohen has said he made the payment at Trump’s direction.

Conway is the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.

On Wednesday, the president walked out of a White House meeting with congressional leaders, saying he couldn’t work with Democrats while they were pursuing investigations of his campaign and administration. Earlier, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had said Trump’s refusal to cooperate with congressional investigations amounted to a “cover-up.”

• Haha 1

Yes this is the way we lead our country - we send out doctored videos of Pelosi making it look like she has a speaking disorder.  Speaking of 'fake news'.  The POTUS doing some

himself.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/another-attack-trump-tweets-video-pelosi-tripping-over-words-n1009551

Trump tweeted the video hours after he called Pelosi "crazy" and said, "She is not the same person. She has lost it." It comes a day after Trump cut short a meeting with Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer because he is frustrated with congressional efforts to investigate his administration.

The tweet by the president comes after The Washington Post published a story about a different video circulating on social media of Pelosi at a Center for American Progress event. The video was altered to make it sound as if she was slurring her words, The Post reported.

Hany Farid, a computer-science professor and digital-forensics expert at University of California, Berkeley, told The Post that there was no doubt that video had been altered.

But he said he believed the video Trump tweeted Thursday had not been slowed down.

"Unlike the video referred to in The Washington Post article, I don’t believe that this video montage was slowed down. This montage, however, is highly deceptive as it compiles in rapid succession relatively small verbal stumbles in an attempt to portray Speaker Pelosi as stumbling through her press conference," Farid told NBC News.

"The original C-Span video clearly shows that this montage that the president tweeted is not an accurate depiction of her press conference," Farid said.

If Trump has to ask for witnesses, whose jobs are tied to him being pleased with them, how valid could their testimony be?  If it has gotten to the point in which he needs a witness to testify of his 'calm demeanor' are we perhaps already beyond the tipping point?:dunno   (Amendment 25 where are you?)

Trump Gets White House Witnesses to Attest to His ‘Very Calm’ Demeanor

President reasserts that he is ‘an extremely stable genius’ as he asks aides to rebut notion that he’d thrown a temper tantrum in meeting with Democrats 

Mr. Trump responded to the question by calling upon five White House aides—one after the other—to stand in front of TV cameras and vouch for the prudence and discipline he said he displayed at a meeting a day earlier with Democrats.

“No temper tantrum,” said Kellyanne Conway, his counselor. Hogan Gidley, a deputy press secretary, wasn’t even in the room for the meeting, but still attested to the president’s composure. Larry Kudlow, Mr. Trump’s chief economic adviser who is hobbled with a bad hip, leaned on a cane as he limped to the front of the room to tell his boss, in front of television cameras, “You were very calm.”

“I’m an extremely stable genius,” Mr. Trump told reporters.  (TG comment: I think I see that Hitler like mustache growing above your upper lip Trump)

After 28 months in office, Mr. Trump has amassed a highlight reel of astonishing, must-see moments on live television, and his impromptu news conference on Thursday provided another. The latest performance demonstrated his concern about Mrs. Pelosi’s comments and his desire to counter. Often that happens on Twitter, but he has twice in two days delivered his ripostes in televised news conferences from the White House.

The round of testimonials from his staff most closely recalled the unusual cabinet meeting in June 2017, when agency heads and senior staff—men and women Mr. Trump had nominated or hired—showered him with adulation as the TV cameras rolled. “We thank you for the opportunity and the blessing that you’ve given us to serve your agenda and the American people,” Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff at the time, told him.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-gets-white-house-witnesses-to-attest-to-his-very-calm-demeanor-11558656429

12 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

To Tom's  statement: I agree --there are no patriots left in the GOP.   I'm looking at your Romney, Sasse, Rubio etc - you are critical of the president at times but not when it matters.  I do think there needs to be an investigation of those senators who traveled to Russia a while back.  I think many in the GOP are beholding to Russian money and not just Trump.  I can't think of another reason why 'establishment' GOPers who were dead set against his nomination are now walking lockstep with him.  He got them entangled and corrupted wt the same corruption and that is why the GOP is now Trump's.  This is only my guess.  Or perhaps these same leaders where already entangled and wt Trump we have a solidification of Russian influence on the GOP.   Reagan is turning around in his grave. 

• Plus1 1

Warning from former GOP Congressman Tom Coleman, Mo  (not to be confused wt more current former Okla Congressman/Sen Tom Colburn). He thinks Trump should be impeached and Pence should resign- in order to remove the stench of this admin. 

To add to my post:  I too think Pence needs to go also.  He has had a front row seat to this charade of a presidency and has done nothing. He could have ended it once and for all if he'd had backed out of the VP slot when the access Hollywood tapes came out.  My original thought 2 years ago was that Pence would be the adult in the room to mature Trump. I use to think that he'd be an acceptable alternative if Trump was removed quickly from office in 2017-2018.  However I was wrong. No one changes Trump - he changes you.  Pence could be leading the way in seeking an Amendment 25 resolution to this dysfunctional presidency.  Instead, by his inaction and support of Trump he has become a part of the problem. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tom-coleman-donald-trump-mike-pence-impeach-113308231.html

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, Coleman wrote, showed Trump and members of his team had “on multiple occasions welcomed Russian interference on his behalf during the 2016 presidential campaign.” Therefore, Coleman reasoned, “the president’s election victory brought forth nothing less than an illegitimate president.”

Coleman, who has criticized Trump in the past and opposed his candidacy, was voted out of Congress after 17 years in 1993.

He noted in his op-ed that House Democrats were divided over whether to begin impeachment proceedings. But “critical times require exceptional leadership,” he wrote, suggesting the “only viable option available” is for the Democratic-controlled House “to open its own investigation, hold public hearings and then determine if they should pursue removal of the president through impeachment.”

“The public would conclude Democrats are no better than the Republicans who have enabled Trump for the past two years” if they did not move to impeach him, Coleman wrote.

He concluded with this warning:

It could hand Trump a second term. Failure to pursue impeachment is to condone wrongdoing. To condone wrongdoing is to encourage more of it. To encourage wrongdoing is to give up on the rule of law and our democracy. To give up on the rule of law and democracy invites autocracy and eventually dictatorship. History has taught us this outcome. In my lifetime, it has occurred in other places including the Soviet Union and Germany, as well as in Russia and Venezuela today.

• Thanks 1

Here is a question, is the following statement from my 5 year old grandson or from the President of the United States?  (Hand me a $5 bill, I'll give  you a free cup of coffee at Starbucks if you get the answer right)

Quote (edited to make it coherent):

"I responded in kind because she made horrible statements about me"?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-chris-wallace-nancy-194509152.html

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said Friday morning that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is definitely getting inside President Trump’s head with her recent remarks, such as saying the president threw a “temper tantrum” and that she prays for Trump because she’s concerned about his well-being.

Appearing on Fox News’ America’s Newsroom, the Fox News Sunday host was asked what he thought about the “ongoing feud,” a feud that’s featured the president sharing a deceptively edited video Thursday night (which he got from Fox Business Network) of Pelosi “stammering” through a press conference.

“I have to say, I’m not sure who was trolling whom,” Wallace responded to Fox anchor Sandra Smith. “I think they both were trying to get under each other’s skin.”

The veteran journalist went on to note that Pelosi has been successful in driving the president nuts, referencing the recent presser in which Trump brought up several senior aides to attest to his calm demeanor.

‘Fox & Friends’ Admit Diamond & Silk Mocked Doctored Video of ‘Crazy Nancy’

“There’s no question that Nancy Pelosi when she starts talking about ‘I pray for the president’ and ‘perhaps his family should have an intervention’ was trying to get at the president,” Wallace said. “And clearly she succeeded to some degree in getting under his skin, when yesterday at that press conference he called on, what, about four or five members of his administration to confirm the fact that he didn’t have a temper tantrum, didn’t lose his temper when he ended the meeting on infrastructure on Wednesday.”

Wallace, however, made sure to give the president his due credit, saying that Trump “gives as good as he gets” by pointing out that the president called Pelosi “Crazy Nancy” and claimed the speaker is “losing it.”

“You know, look, as a political reporter in this town it’s all very entertaining but as an American what it means is that nothing gets done,” Wallace added. “That has to be concerning whether it’s infrastructure—there are a whole lot of things that just have to get done.”

Following Wallace’s segment on Friday, the president stood by his attacks on Pelosi, suggesting to reporters that he tweeted out the manipulated video of Pelosi to “help the country” while claiming he only “responded in kind” because she “made horrible statements” about him.

• Plus1 1