Congressial Investigations on Trump - Post Mueller

All related:     As Trump dares Congress to impeach him. 

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/us-congress-russia-probe-the-latest/2019/06/04/id/918871/

The White House is directing Hope Hicks and another former aide not to provide documents to the House Judiciary Committee.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler issued subpoenas for former communications director Hicks and Annie Donaldson, deputy to former White House counsel Don McGahn, last month. Both women are mentioned frequently in special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

The White House is directing Hope Hicks and another former aide not to provide documents to the House Judiciary Committee.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler issued subpoenas for former communications director Hicks and Annie Donaldson, deputy to former White House counsel Don McGahn, last month. Both women are mentioned frequently in special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

Nadler said in a statement Tuesday the White House had instructed the former aides not to turn over materials, but that Hicks had agreed to turn over documents related to her time on President Donald Trump's presidential campaign, which are not covered by executive privilege

http://news.trust.org/item/20190604152338-4abwi

U.S. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said on Tuesday he would expect former White House aides Hope Hicks and Annie Donaldson to be held in contempt if they do not comply with subpoenas for documents he wants for his panel's probe into whether President Donald Trump obstructed justice.

Asked if the two would be held in contempt if they do not comply, Nadler told reporters: "I would assume so.

"I have been a very careful visitor to this whole conversation" of impeachment @RepDanKildee says. "Unless the President significantly changes course, becomes more transparent...and allow us to provide just the bare essential oversight...I don't think he's leaving us any choice"

Kildee said the number of Democrats who believe there is no choice except for impeachment is growing, but lawmakers must "tread lightly" on that decision.

He said he's not quite at the point of agreeing to launch impeachment proceedings, but he is "much closer to it" because he doesn't see "another path unless somehow something changes rather dramatically, and I put that fully at the doorstep of the president."

"I swore an oath to the Constitution," he said. "I've read the Mueller report. I've seen what he's (Trump's) done to try to block our use of our constitutional tools to provide a check on the president. I can't ignore my oath and I can't ignore the fact this president is trampling over the law. If we go there, it's because the president is behaving in a way that doesn't leave us a choice."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/dan-kildee-impeachment-mueller/2019/06/04/id/918903/

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is the better of the two parties right now.

The emphasis on "better" is getting lower.

That tweet is misleading. Both Dems and Repubs are upset that only half the committee will be allowed to ask questions including members like Bass, who is able to ask questions but is upset that not members will be allowed.

"It's definitely a problem for only a couple of us to be able to ask questions," said Rep. Karen Bass, a California Democrat who would be in line to ask questions of Mueller.
"First of all, no hearing happens that way," she added. "I mean, the hearing goes until everybody's had an opportunity to ask a question. That's standard practice, that's what everybody's used to. But considering the significance of this issue, the fact that people have read the report, they want to drill down. That would be very, very frustrating"

And it's not about getting airtime either:

"I'll be disappointed, but I'm hopeful," said Pennsylvania Rep. Madeleine Dean, a freshman Democrat on the Judiciary Committee. "I feel it's part of my duty to be part of this oversight. Hopefully if I don't get public questions I get private questions. But I feel an absolute duty to fulfill this role."

This is all because Nadler doesn't want to have to subpoena Mueller in order to compel him to testify. Why is the House letting the witness set the terms of the testimony anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:11 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Surely, I'm not the only one that finds this hilarious.  @Notre Dame Joe ????

giphy.gif

Let's see Trump asks Russia to hack Hillary's emls

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/27/trump-to-russia-find-hil-s-other-emails

In the debate he tells Hillary  "You'd be in jail for emails".     I think Trump should practice his type of justice

and go admit himself to jail. Don't stop at Go to collect $200 - just go straight to jail.  Save us all time and money to go

straight to jail. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-38067815/trump-to-clinton-you-d-be-in-jail-for-emails