Congressial Investigations on Trump - Post Mueller

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Considering Trump required his new Attorney General to lie to the American people and possibly place himself in legal jeopardy by doing so, it's pretty clear he wasn't going to get a good, qualified person to agree to join his administration.

Jeff Sessions is an odious person, but even he wasn't odious enough to succumb to Trump's orders.  The next guy had to be willing to go lower.

That's the context under which Barr accepted the job.

The quality of an individual is in relationship to degree they will compromise themselves ethically.  Barr appears to be scraping the bottom of the ethics barrel.   Ethical people cannot effort the High Cost of Cheap Living.   I was going to say associating wt Trump will cheapen anyone however, by the types of people that are in this admin, I'd say that it is more of a birds of a feather - Trump draws cheap people to him because that is who he is.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Sen Harris is chewing him up and spitting him out.    As far as a presidential candidate, she has out shined Corey Booker in this hearing. 

He has no ability to talk because his tongue is so tied up and he's trying to tie together all his BS stories.

I'm trying to decide if Barr is Fred Flintstone or Ralph Kramden  (Jackie Gleason on the Honeymooners):dunno

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

He has no ability to talk because his tongue is so tied up and he's trying to tie together all his BS stories.

Tell one lie and then another - hard to keep track of them all

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I think he just thinks there will be no punishment for lying flagrantly and repeatedly to Congress.

I don’t think there will be consequences other than, possibly, Trump not getting re-elected. But that wouldn’t be because of this anyway. 

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm trying to decide if Barr is Fred Flintstone or Ralph Kramden  (Jackie Gleason on the Honeymooners):dunno

Tell one lie and then another - hard to keep track of them all

Basically the entire exchange boils down to, 

Barr - admits he didn't look at the evidence.

Barr - claiming he didn't look at evidence because it wasn't his job to decide on charges.

Barr - claiming, it's the AG's job to decide on charges.

Barr - admitted it was his decision not to press charges.

Barr - but I didn't look at the evidence because it's not my job to decide.

Ummm....you're the AG.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Basically the entire exchange boils down to, 

Barr - admits he didn't look at the evidence.

Barr - claiming he didn't look at evidence because it wasn't his job to decide on charges.

Barr - claiming, it's the AG's job to decide on charges.

Barr - admitted it was his decision not to press charges.

Barr - but I didn't look at the evidence because it's not my job to decide.

Ummm....you're the AG.

Nailed it.

Cruz now pontificating on Barr's 'virtues'. 

Ok - this may not be a fair take and this may be just me but it seems to me that the  more intelligent people on this committee seem to be the Dems.  I'm talking about the way they construct their overall arguments- not saying you have to agree with it.  On debate style points & organization I would lean heavily towards the  Dems - regardless of the content.  

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

What is the meaning of the word "IS"  comes to mind.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Nailed it.

Cruz now pontificating on Barr's 'virtues'. 

Ok - this may not be a fair take and this may be just me but it seems to me that the  more intelligent people on this committee seem to be the Dems.  I'm talking about the way they construct their overall agreements - not saying you have to agree with it.  On debate style points & organization I would lean heavily towards the  Dems - regardless of the content.  

What is the meaning of the word "IS"  comes to mind.

It’s hard to sound smart when you’re lying to yourself and/or trying to make a$$h@!es/liars look good/honest.

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

And - THE ATTNY GENERAL OF THE USA DOESNT  KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HIS SPECIAL COUNSEL INDICTED 

or

IF THE POTUS ACTUALLY GAVE TESTIMONY TO THE SPECIAL COUNSEL.

I have been in my car yelling and cutting people off all morning.   Based on these two things alone he should be fired for incompetence. 

Its not incompitence, its obstruction. He knows exactly what hes doing. And the corrupt senate lets it happen. 

• Plus1 4

That was quite the cliffhanger at the end.  Barr challenges the calling of Mueller a career prosecutor, says his letter was a bit snitty and probably not written by him, and then says "No" to being able to see the notes of their phone call.  I can't wait for the next episode!

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

That was quite the cliffhanger at the end.  Barr challenges the calling of Mueller a career prosecutor, says his letter was a bit snitty and probably not written by him, and then says "No" to being able to see the notes of their phone call.  I can't wait for the next episode!

Of course Lindsey Graham stepped right in to save the day and end the session after Barr was asked why he wouldn't supply his own notes.

He's done absolutely nothing to change the perception of him as a spineless lackey so devoid of ethics and character and so desperate to cling to power and relevance that he'd accept this assignment strictly to act as the president's footstool and work to stifle any further damage to him or the GOP he loves so dearly. He should've been gone, like, yesterday.

Live look in at Bill Barr's credibility:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cc9fb5f5a71427651

• Plus1 3