Read THIS and tell me Wisconsin should not be our main Rival

10 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How many Natty's does Wisconsin have? Where do they rank in all time wins? How many conference championships do they have? 

The only other 2 programs in the conference with our pedigree is Ohio State and Michigan.

Maybe add Penn State

I refuse to click on that link but of all the teams in the B1G, Wisconsin would be my #1 pick for a rival. As much as it pains me, Iowa is already pretty much a rival due to the bad blood between the fan bases and relative location. tOSU and Michigan may be in the same historic realm as us but nobody is ever going to replace either one of those as the others main rival. Wiscy checks all the boxes. They basically stole Nebraska's identity thanks to Barry A, their fans can be tools and they have pretty much dominated and embarrassed us since our entry into the conference. I can't think of a conference team I have more desire to beat. So yeah, our conf rival should be Wisconsin. We just have to start holding up our end. Iowa can be our Colorado now that Frost has us headed in the right direction.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I refuse to click on that link but of all the teams in the B1G, Wisconsin would be my #1 pick for a rival. As much as it pains me, Iowa is already pretty much a rival due to the bad blood between the fan bases and relative location. tOSU and Michigan may be in the same historic realm as us but nobody is ever going to replace either one of those as the others main rival. Wiscy checks all the boxes. They basically stole Nebraska's identity thanks to Barry A, their fans can be tools and they have pretty much dominated and embarrassed us since our entry into the conference. I can't think of a conference team I have more desire to beat. So yeah, our conf rival should be Wisconsin. We just have to start holding up our end. Iowa can be our Colorado now that Frost has us headed in the right direction.

The only way Iowa would ever be a rival in my mind would be if they hired Bill McCartny, Eric Bieniemy, and had Barry Switzer shooting free runzas from a t shirt cannon.   When Iowa starts playing as tough as their fans smell then I will believe it.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You don't call a 4-1 record for Iowa by a 227-126 margin over the last 5 years tough?  

I am a kool aid drinking Husker fan but you sir are delusional.

If you think we have been a tough opponent in the last 5 years then you are delusional.  

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

If you think we have been a tough opponent in the last 5 years then you are delusional.  

So,  when we discuss NU and Iowa being rivals,  and how tough they play,  you brought up how they don't play tough against other teams as an argument. 

How is that relevant to NU and Iowa being rivals?  

You pointed out that Iowa has beaten Nebraska recently several times.  So I guess that makes them our chosen rival?  

To most NU fans I know, Iowa is not our real rival.  They are another tough team on the schedule, and the schedule is full of them.  

To me the rival is Wisconsin.  They're calling us the little brother in the west and saying they're the Real Big Red.  There's the rubber match Big10 championship where they embarassed us.  There are multiple reasons to have special animus for Wisconsin.  

What has Iowa done to us other than win some close games while we were down?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

I fail to see how some bad writer fan mocking the Huskers means Wisconsin should be our rival.

The reason Wisconsin should be our rival is we're going to get better and they're the best team in our division. Hopefully 10 years from now after we've beaten them 10 years in a row, we'll just be rival-less.