Read THIS and tell me Wisconsin should not be our main Rival

32 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Maybe we should just poll the players right now.  They know who their rival is.  Then as a collective fanbase we will just jump on that wagon 

That doesn't make a rival by itself either. A real rivalry should span many classes of players. I'm guessing most players want to have a rival, so they would just pick one to have one, and it'd probably Iowa. If you'd asked players in the 90's not from Nebraska who their rival was, they may not have said Oklahoma, because Oklahoma sucked at the time.

I wish someone would do a study: Iowa vs. Iowa St. versus the spread (game prediction) to see if there is any real value within a team for a rivalry.  IE if a team is your heated rival, do you really do any better against the spread against them than against everyone else.  

• 2 weeks later...

Lol.  This article should not be driver for any sort of rivalry with Wisconsin.  The author, David Hookstead, is a clown - always has been.  He's an alumnus, but was not liked during his time on campus.  Had plenty of controversial moments, including a written article that claimed rape culture did not exist.  No one at the university cares for what he has to say.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...