Woodyard Running Track

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Hope that can translate to the gridiron this fall.  Could have some speed on the field. 

Woody- 10.4

johnson,nance,Houston- 10.6

Nance looked really thin during the spring game. Might need to add some strength before he can be an effective perimeter blocker, which is critical for this offense.

17 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Nance looked really thin during the spring game. Might need to add some strength before he can be an effective perimeter blocker, which is critical for this offense.

Blocking is primarily want to, technique, and understanding leverage.  Strength helps but can be overcome.

He does look thin though.  Be more worried about him getting cut in 2 by a LB or Safety

On 4/27/2019 at 7:24 AM, Mavric said:

The article below quotes the track coach stating he had no expectations of Woodyard, because past football players had no speed :confucius. That explains some of our past performances. I still wonder what a healthy TM could have done. Olympic speed?

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/husker-wr-and-fast-guy-woodyard-finds-a-second-home/article_7782a712-342e-543c-abd2-b89658acc4a8.amp.html

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

The article below quotes the track coach stating he had no expectations of Woodyard, because past football players had no speed :confucius. That explains some of our past performances. I still wonder what a healthy TM could have done. Olympic speed?

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/husker-wr-and-fast-guy-woodyard-finds-a-second-home/article_7782a712-342e-543c-abd2-b89658acc4a8.amp.html

Not sure how TM would have translated to the track.  He would probably be a solid indoor 60m kid, but I think he was more quick than top end fast.  

50 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Not sure how TM would have translated to the track.  He would probably be a solid indoor 60m kid, but I think he was more quick than top end fast.  

I recently watch some of his freshman games. TM easily pulled away from defenders, and routinely had 10 yards on the closest defender when he scored. In his 1st 2.5 games he had 5 runs over 40 yards. What a pity that he became so injured he couldn't play anymore.

• Plus1 2