*** 2024 Recruiting ***

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Don't know when this will change but it's going to change.

Though this doesn't make much sense to me.  Do one before the season and one in February.  Not hard.

I think it needs to be after the season.  Look at how many teams changed HC or assistant coaches after the season.  Recruits need to, at least reasonably, know who their coach is going to be.

You want a real mess, have the majority of kids sign before the season, then most of those kids whose coach now change ask to be let out of their commitment and the recruiting process gets even crazier.

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it needs to be after the season.  Look at how many teams changed HC or assistant coaches after the season.  Recruits need to, at least reasonably, know who their coach is going to be.

You want a real mess, have the majority of kids sign before the season, then most of those kids whose coach now change ask to be let out of their commitment and the recruiting process gets even crazier.

Eh ... I'm not sure it would be a lot different than the number of kids that decommit in the month before the December signing day.  But there would be two months to sort it out instead of two weeks.