Dalano Banton

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...

I doubt he'd start next year on a mid-tier, bottom-tier big10 team...let alone get drafted.  

He's declaring to get info, which is a good thing for him.  He'll hear what he needs to work on.  I hope all goes well for him, because he seems like a really good dude. 

31 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I doubt he'd start next year on a mid-tier, bottom-tier big10 team...let alone get drafted.  

He's declaring to get info, which is a good thing for him.  He'll hear what he needs to work on.  I hope all goes well for him, because he seems like a really good dude. 

He has to be able to shoot the ball consistently. Get a mid range or three point shot down. His best bet is probably as a 6'9 point guard to come off the bench and provide minutes. He could maybe play the 3 or 4 but he has to defend better and be able to knock down shots. If he can come back and guard 1-4 better  and improve his shooting and playmaking he might have a chance at a late first round or a second round pick next year.  Dalano has a lot of potential and he declared to test the waters, which will help him see the things he needs to work on. 

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

He has to be able to shoot the ball consistently. Get a mid range or three point shot down. His best bet is probably as a 6'9 point guard to come off the bench and provide minutes. He could maybe play the 3 or 4 but he has to defend better and be able to knock down shots. If he can come back and guard 1-4 better  and improve his shooting and playmaking he might have a chance at a late first round or a second round pick next year.  Dalano has a lot of potential and he declared to test the waters, which will help him see the things he needs to work on. 

I believe he’s been playing out of position. He needs someone else playing point with him doing more slashing to the basket and be fed the ball. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Mavric said:

There are 296 *early* entries into the NBA draft.

There are 60 *total* picks in the draft.

I'm pretty sure he will be advised that he won't be drafted.  Nothing against him and I hope he's back next year as a Husker.  I just don't see that he had a season that would make him one of the top 60 players in the country.

Hopefully, with better talent around him and playing more of a position suited for him, that is different next year.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:49 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I believe he’s been playing out of position. He needs someone else playing point with him doing more slashing to the basket and be fed the ball. 

For Dalano in the college game, you are not wrong. However, his best bet at being drafted is to be a 6'9 point guard to come off the bench to create mismatches. He does not have the desirable shooting to play the forward position at all. In fact, he needs to at least get a mid range jumper to be drafted. On top of that, he has to defend better or teams will abuse him in the league with mismatches. I think if he improves enough he can get drafted, but his best bet in my view is as a PG. I believe he can improve his 3pt shooting this year and shooting in general. 

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm pretty sure he will be advised that he won't be drafted.  Nothing against him and I hope he's back next year as a Husker.  I just don't see that he had a season that would make him one of the top 60 players in the country.

Hopefully, with better talent around him and playing more of a position suited for him, that is different next year.

To add to that, the last 10-12 picks are usually overseas guys that teams draft and stash. That way, the organization does not have to pay a guaranteed contract to a player. So, for him to be drafted he will have to be top 50 player in the 2022 draft class. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to Dalano Banton