Dalano Banton

5 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

For Dalano in the college game, you are not wrong. However, his best bet at being drafted is to be a 6'9 point guard to come off the bench to create mismatches. He does not have the desirable shooting to play the forward position at all. In fact, he needs to at least get a mid range jumper to be drafted. On top of that, he has to defend better or teams will abuse him in the league with mismatches. I think if he improves enough he can get drafted, but his best bet in my view is as a PG. I believe he can improve his 3pt shooting this year and shooting in general. 

I wonder how much better of a shooter he would be if he's being fed the ball with set feet instead of trying to create something on his own.

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder how much better of a shooter he would be if he's being fed the ball with set feet instead of trying to create something on his own.

Hmmm not sure on that one. That would be interesting to look into in general. I would say players usually shoot better set than creating. However, some are better off the dribble or creating a la Damian Lillard.

31 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Hmmm not sure on that one. That would be interesting to look into in general. I would say players usually shoot better set than creating. However, some are better off the dribble or creating a la Damian Lillard.

But, he's not that good off the dribble or creating.

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I know nothing about the G League.  I'm wondering how doing well there affects the chances of him coming back.  I can see three scenarios:

a). He's there hoping it improves his NBA draft status.  If it works, he gets drafted and he's gone.

b). He does well there just hoping to have a chance in Europe and that's good enough for him.

c). He does well there, but it doesn't improve his NBA draft status so he comes back.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know nothing about the G League.  I'm wondering how doing well there affects the chances of him coming back.  I can see three scenarios:

a). He's there hoping it improves his NBA draft status.  If it works, he gets drafted and he's gone.

b). He does well there just hoping to have a chance in Europe and that's good enough for him.

c). He does well there, but it doesn't improve his NBA draft status so he comes back.

couldnt a d. exist in where he decides he wants to develop in the G League instead of in college? 

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

couldnt a d. exist in where he decides he wants to develop in the G League instead of in college? 

I guess.  Like I said.  I don't know anything about G league.  I envision it being played in gyms with very few, if any, fans and people seeing him.

Would he actually be playing against better talent than in the Big Ten in front of thousands of fans every night?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess.  Like I said.  I don't know anything about G league.  I envision it being played in gyms with very few, if any, fans and people seeing him.

Would he actually be playing against better talent than in the Big Ten in front of thousands of fans every night?

Honestly, he would develop more in the G League than playing another year in the Big Ten.  Playing in the G League, he would be able to be around professional coaching as much as he wants, and not have to deal with the NCAA limitations on practice time and having to go to class.

I have no idea if he's close to graduating, but maybe he sees he has a ceiling for himself at Nebraska, and he would be better off developing in the G-League or give it a shot overseas.  There is nothing wrong with having options.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, he would develop more in the G League than playing another year in the Big Ten.  Playing in the G League, he would be able to be around professional coaching as much as he wants, and not have to deal with the NCAA limitations on practice time and having to go to class.

I have no idea if he's close to graduating, but maybe he sees he has a ceiling for himself at Nebraska, and he would be better off developing in the G-League or give it a shot overseas.  There is nothing wrong with having options.

Options are good.  Just trying to figure out what he's probably thinking.

• seaofred92 changed the title to Dalano Banton