"Redux's Recipes for the Refined"

Welcome everyone, I hope you find this thread helpful for your next dinner party or Holiday extravaganza!

I'm going to start with a simple one today, I call it REAL Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cereal! We all know the Reese's cereal is pretty good, but lacks a certain UUMMPH!  So I concocted this recipe via my expertise in the world of breakfast foods:

1 Bowl

1 Spoon

1 Box of Captain Peanut Butter Crunch

1 Half Gallon of Fairlife 2% Reducet Fat Chocolate Milk (can be substituted with other forms of chocolate milk)

-Take bowl out, set on counter

-Pour desired serving size of cereal into said bowl

-Splash chocolate milk into bowl onto cereal until desired ratio is met

-Garnish with a spoon and serve at room temperature 

LCeaJ1p.jpg

I find the cereal makes for a nice "filling" if you will, while the chocolate milk stands in as the outer coating a la PB Cup.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

This one I simply call "Divine Interbreakfast"  hahaha, actually it doesn't have an official name but I'm open to suggestions.  You'll need:

1 Cell Phone

1 packet of gravy mix

1 pot and spoon with access to clean water and a heating surface

1 phone number to local Casey's

-Call and order a Breakfast pizza with BOTH Sausage and Bacon, trust me on this

-Request delivery

-While awaiting your pizza, begin making the gravy

-The steps are on the packet and if you've come this far you can probably read sufficiently enough to follow their directions

- Pizza arrives, pay for it and bring that bad boy inside

-Open lid, tear off the collective coupon so you don't forget later

-Drizzle gravy onto pizza, you can use a spoon or even better a Turkey Baster

-Dribble on some Red Hot if you're feeling naughty

-Devour pizza by yourself and take some Lipitor that evening

Caseys_breakfast_pizza_2.jpg

While it is true you can pretty much request that the person who makes this little slice of heaven add the gravy during making it, this not only gives you something to do but it also ensures they don't spit on it because of your eccentric demands.  Bon apetit!

• Plus1 2

This is a new favorite of mine with a potentially delish accompaniment!  Smoked Pizza Rolls:

1 Large bag of Pizza Rolls (probably the pepperoni and bacon because Merica)

1 Traeger grill (if you don't have one, a neighbor probably does...."borrow" it)

Many packets of dipping sauce

-First, get your bag of goodness opened up.  I reccomend arranging them carefully on one of those circular pizza pans with the holes in them.  Set in the Traeger and turn that bad boy onto 375ish.

-Jump in your ride and head to the nearest Burger King and order up the smallest size of chicken nuggets you can and when they ask what dipping sauce you want ask for as much as you can handle and at any variety you desire.  It's BK, it's your way.

-Get back to the grill and check crispiness of the rolls.  If not ready, take a leak and crack open a slider.

-Once ready, use an oven Mitt to remove.  Put rolls onto a plate and open your various sauces.

-Probs grab another cold one to wash these rolls down with

totinos-frozen-pizza-rolls-cooked-air-fr

This is a game changer folks, just be cautious you don't develop an addiction!

• Plus1 1

This one takes me back friends.  It was 2005, I had a broken jaw from self inflicted wounds.  I couldn't chew food but had a hankering for something besides liquid food.  So I invented this gem of a concept and over the years have tweaked it to a perfect family meal.  I call it, blended pizza!  What you'll need:

2 Tostinos Pizza's (pick your faves or mix it up)

1 bottle cheesey ranch, Kraft makes a good one

1 food processor

1 bag shredded cheese (find one that pairs well with your pizza)

I oven safe baking dish

-First, bake your pizzas up.

-Once done, cut into tiny squares with a pizza cutter

-Dump squares into food processor, squirt ranch on top to make blending process go smoother.  Probably do 1 pizza at a time or even half a pizza at a time.

-Spread blend into baking dish, layer cheese on top of it

-Bake at 300 for 5 minutes or until you just can't wait any longer

-Serve up lasagna style

Unfortunately no pic for this one, next time I make this I'll be sure to start several threads for pics of it!

• Plus1 2

One question for us non-culinary folks; How many years of experience is required to attempt these? I mean they sound delish but I just don't think I have any business attempting them. Id probably mess up and drive to McDonald's for dipping sauce or I might confuse Totinos and Tombstone. I'm sure I'd find a way to mess it up.

24 minutes ago, Redux said:

It was implied you should be listening to Stones or Skynyrd while making these recipes.  If you missed that then I feel bad for ya son.

If peanut butter cereal makes you think of the stones or skynyrd I'm not sure if I can follow this journey. That's Primus territory 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I was praying that I did not come off sounding like a food snob when I asked but I should have known better.  

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have overreacted. I'm sure there are those out there who can handle popping a tart, I just doubt many with that level of skill are lurking around Huskerboard.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have overreacted. I'm sure there are those out there who can handle popping a tart, I just doubt many with that level of skill are lurking around Huskerboard.

I have read the instructions and watched videos on it and I FEEL like I can pop a tart but sure enough...every dang time I try...I mess it up.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I have read the instructions and watched videos on it and I FEEL like I can pop a tart but sure enough...every dang time I try...I mess it up.

I know what ya mean. The pros make it look so effortless and easy but in real life....not so much.