Interesting Question

So..... I realized that maybe I’ve, most of my life, had a weird question in the back of my mind. 

The vast majority of us have family, jobs, history, future plans.....etc. that consume our lives, thoughts, plans...etc. 

My question is, what would you do if you woke up tomorrow and it’s sll gone. 

Meaning, how would your life change if catastrophe happens and everyone you love is gone?  Parents, siblings, kids, wife....everyone. 

What would you do with the rest of your life?

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I admitted it’s a weird question. 

The closest I’ve ever come to considering something like that is when our friends teenage daughter (very near the age of our children) was diagnosed with brain cancer and died. I tried to imagine what that would be like as a parent and just thinking about it was so unbearably painful, to the point I couldn’t fully process it. I’ve lost both parents and quite a few other people I knew very well, but really putting myself in those parents shoes, the mere contemplation of it was worse than actually watching my own parents die. TBH it may just be because so much time had passed since my parent’s deaths but I find it pretty strange that simply thinking about something like that can cause such distress.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So..... I realized that maybe I’ve, most of my life, had a weird question in the back of my mind. 

The vast majority of us have family, jobs, history, future plans.....etc. that consume our lives, thoughts, plans...etc. 

Meaning, how would your life change if catastrophe happens and everyone you love is gone?  Parents, siblings, kids, wife....everyone. 

You didn't start watching The Leftovers a week after seeing Avengers: Endgame like I did, did you? 

It is a very interesting question.  I don't have an answer now, but I might spend some time thinking of one.

I don't really see it as a morbid question (although it would make me very sad to lose these people) but more of a "if you were no longer tied to anything, with no expectations/responsibilities, what would you do?"  I think it could be a valuable introspective question.

Just yesterday, I was waiting at a RR crossing.  The train was moving pretty slow through town, slow enough a person could have easily hopped on.  As I was waiting I wondered what it would be like to just hop on and end up wherever it stopped.  Maybe I'd be a hobo if I had no family/friends/job  :lol:

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would actually like for this to happen.  Kind of feel bogged down by everyone and everything and want to live more minimalistically.  So what would I do with the rest of my life?  I’d live it to the fullest, as the free spirit I am, knowing that there are no anchors.