Mavric

DE Ru'Quan Buckley

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know everyone keeps saying we're recruiting him as a DE, but Greg Austin went out to meet him before this weekend and flew back to Lincoln with him and his mom. 

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

I know everyone keeps saying we're recruiting him as a DE, but Greg Austin went out to meet him before this weekend and flew back to Lincoln with him and his mom. 

We've told him he has an offer on both sides. Right now he prefers D, I think that's where it's coming from. 

• Thanks 1

His body might determine where he ultimately plays. It will be at least 2-3 years before he’s asked to contribute a lot....and maybe more like 4-5 years. If he puts on 50-60 lbs over that time, I see O line. If he stays in that 260-280 range, I see DE.  He could play nose tackle, but isn’t that tall for that position?

4 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

He will stay a DE in our scheme.  

He has the length they like on the edge.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Treand3 said:

He has the length they like on the edge.

Yep and he is a skinny 250.  They can mold him to be a great DE.

Has visited Michigan and Michigan State previously.  This is the first time mom also visited.  She seemed impressed.

No other visits scheduled right now.

Hearing from Nebraska the most.  Says we are at the top of his list.  Minnesota and Michigan State making a push.  

Huskers recruiting him at DE which is what he prefers.  Minnesota recruiting him on the OL and Michigan State says he could play either.

Plans to release a Top 10 this summer.  Taking OVs this fall.

• Plus1 1