2019-2020 NBA

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, sho said:

Until he joined the Lakers, those were my sentiments about him.   Now that's he wearing the P&G, I want him to win 2 titles so we can get ahead of the c-word.   Then he can retire and the Greek Freak can take his place.   :D

Lakers can't touch how much the Bucks can offer Giannis money wise. He can make a projected 247 million over a 5 year time period with all 5 years guaranteed with the Bucks. Also, AD is about to get paid and deserves to get the max. He will probably take a pay cut though. I would guess he still wants around his 30 million a year. 

I like the league balanced as it is and Giannis can dominated Milwaukee, a city he really likes living in. I also think the Greek Freak wants to be the alpha on his team and he would be that on the Bucks. 

I believe LA needs more shooting rather than another star thb. Another Danny Green type 3-D wing. That way they have more shooting for LeBron and AD to pass to and give defenses nightmares. Another star gives them a great threat but a depleted bench vs a team that is more deep. I don't see LA winning it all unless they get more depth... 

12 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Lakers can't touch how much the Bucks can offer Giannis money wise. He can make a projected 247 million over a 5 year time period with all 5 years guaranteed with the Bucks. Also, AD is about to get paid and deserves to get the max. He will probably take a pay cut though. I would guess he still wants around his 30 million a year. 

I like the league balanced as it is and Giannis can dominated Milwaukee, a city he really likes living in. I also think the Greek Freak wants to be the alpha on his team and he would be that on the Bucks. 

I believe LA needs more shooting rather than another star thb. Another Danny Green type 3-D wing. That way they have more shooting for LeBron and AD to pass to and give defenses nightmares. Another star gives them a great threat but a depleted bench vs a team that is more deep. I don't see LA winning it all unless they get more depth... 

When Lebron retires or contract expires in 2 years, they have more than enough cap space available to max out both Giannis and AD, filling out the roster will be tricky, but they were able to do it with Lebron and AD, so they would be able to do it with Giannis and AD as well.   As for the money on the table, yes Giannis would make more on his NBA contract if he stays in Milwaukee over going to any other team.  The difference can be made up in endorsement and outside contracts which are more abundant in LA and NY than in Milwaukee.   Him wanting to be the alpha, isn't an argument I believe.  He, much like a majority of the European players, have a more team centric, know your role, play your role vibe to him.  I can see him being content being a piece to a championship team, and not requiring to be the alpha.  That said, his love of the city and loyalty to the city is one I can see keeping him in Milwaukee.  However, if they can't make it to the Finals in the next two years, I can see him being frustrated and leaving to join a team that can get him to the Finals.

As for what the Lakers need now, I think if they can sign Darren Collison, as is rumored, will help tremendously. Getting ball-handling duties off of Lebron will keep him fresh for the 4th quarter and late season.  And we will see what happens with Andre Igoudala, his rumored desired location is LA.  Lakers make more sense in terms of playing time and familiarity.   If those 2 moves happen, theyshould be the favorites to win the West and the championship.   Even without those 2 changes, depth isn't the main concern.   The Bald Eagle, Kuz, AB, DG and the 2 head monster at center are good enough team around Lebron and AD to win the championship.   It'll require staying healthy.  Once the playoffs start, and the longer breaks between games will help this team, beating them 4 times will be a difficult challenge for every team in the league.

4 hours ago, sho said:

When Lebron retires or contract expires in 2 years, they have more than enough cap space available to max out both Giannis and AD, filling out the roster will be tricky, but they were able to do it with Lebron and AD, so they would be able to do it with Giannis and AD as well.   As for the money on the table, yes Giannis would make more on his NBA contract if he stays in Milwaukee over going to any other team.  The difference can be made up in endorsement and outside contracts which are more abundant in LA and NY than in Milwaukee.   Him wanting to be the alpha, isn't an argument I believe.  He, much like a majority of the European players, have a more team centric, know your role, play your role vibe to him.  I can see him being content being a piece to a championship team, and not requiring to be the alpha.  That said, his love of the city and loyalty to the city is one I can see keeping him in Milwaukee.  However, if they can't make it to the Finals in the next two years, I can see him being frustrated and leaving to join a team that can get him to the Finals.

As for what the Lakers need now, I think if they can sign Darren Collison, as is rumored, will help tremendously. Getting ball-handling duties off of Lebron will keep him fresh for the 4th quarter and late season.  And we will see what happens with Andre Igoudala, his rumored desired location is LA.  Lakers make more sense in terms of playing time and familiarity.   If those 2 moves happen, theyshould be the favorites to win the West and the championship.   Even without those 2 changes, depth isn't the main concern.   The Bald Eagle, Kuz, AB, DG and the 2 head monster at center are good enough team around Lebron and AD to win the championship.   It'll require staying healthy.  Once the playoffs start, and the longer breaks between games will help this team, beating them 4 times will be a difficult challenge for every team in the league.

My bad, I thought Giannis was a free agent this summer. I am not a Lakers fan at all, but I still do not see him in LA. Also, LeBron isn't retiring anytime soon and he will probably want the max again so he can get it while he slows down a bit. As for the endorsements argument, I mean he can get whatever endorsement money wherever he is at. I just think for a guy who had to switch shoes with his brothers when they played ball when they were younger, seeing 247 million guaranteed is not something he will turn down. I agree that if they do not at least make the finals he may end up leaving. But I believe either this year they will at the least make it if not win the whole thing. You may be right on the Alpha argument but he is going to want to go and put up stats wherever he goes. A super team may not entice him as much in that regard but I guess I could see him carrying if LeBron is resting. 

Lastly, not sure all three of those guys, Ad, Lebron, Giannis, would have great floor spacing. And with that, there would be no money left to pay any shooters or elite 3-D wings. The League will be exciting to watch for the next few years so we will see how it plays out!

• 3 weeks later...